Looking for amazing alloys....which ones to get???

paul_a3_2009

Reaction score
hey, got a good deal on my brand new A3 few months ago, problem is had to get it with 16" alloys.....been looking around for a set of 18" with tyres but not sure of the best ones to get....

love the S3 7 double spoke style, seen them on ebay for around 550 but bit weary of the quality of replica wheels?! what u lads think?

or does anyone know where i get get a good set from?

cheers

Authentic BBS alloys for sure. Look perfect on VAG cars.

Not cheap though. Speak to Philip of PW Motorosport (sponsors on here.)

Chris

If it came from the factory with 16" alloys then it won't be on sports suspension so will look like a tractor on 18" alloys! Get it lowered first.

Is the quality something to wounder about or are they just as good ?

There was a set or S3 alloys on ebay for about that price which were originals not replicas, was it them you saw?

They're nice but they don't stand out from the crowd like BBSs do.

If it came from the factory with 16" alloys then it won't be on sports suspension so will look like a tractor on 18" alloys! Get it lowered first.

Would I need to lower my Sport (currently with 17" on) if I wanted to fit 18" wheels? Would it still ride noticeably high?

If you want AMAZING alloys then there is a set of these US work wheels going for £2k with tyres......

DSC05028800x600.jpg

They define the word amazing :hubbahubba:

They're nice but they don't stand out from the crowd

Actually what i have seen here are Audi wheels or replica + couple little bit different looking BBS wheels are ONLY wheels that audi a3 owners uses. :blink:

( my opinion. no need to get angry ) So in my point of view. ****** boring selection..
People should get more creative. I'll try to forget all VAG + VAG replicas and BBS wheels. Got eight months to find someting different.