IPod Interface + Symphony II Question.

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Could someone please clarify exactly how the I Pod control will work on a 2009 Symphony II HU with I Pod interface i.e. can you see artist names, albums, playlists etc or is everything just listed as Track 1...??

If it's the latter is there a better way of connecting the I Pod to gain better control?

It's the later mate. The only OEM headunits that show track details are on the very latest models that have AMI.

Not sure about a better option sorry.

I ordered my car on Sept 1st, would it be too late to modify the order so that I can upgrade from the Symphony II to the DVD Sat Nav + AMI?

I doubt it. It's only been a week or so. I would think hard about the decision though. Although the new style with AMI is the best option you're going to have to pay full price for the DVD Nav in the first place.

It'd actually be cheaper to get the RNS-E retrofitted and then add the Alpine kit as above with the added bonus of being able to play films from your iPod too!

That's what I would do anyway given the choice.

Cheers for the reply, I will prob look into a retro fit once I have the car if the saving is that great.

DVD Nav is £1,635 plus £245 for the AMI.

RNS-E retrofit from HazzyDayz £850 and the kit above from them is £449. It's even cheaper if you can do it yourself. RNS-Es go for about £500 and the Alpine kit is £330.

PLUS when you sell the car you can strip it all out, put the original headunit back in and sell the nav and adaptor!

Bargain if you ask me :icon_thumright:

-That Alpine interface looks slick... couple of Questions:

1) Does that video playback in motion?

2) Is anyone bothered that the rotary encoder (the large knob) seems to work backwards with that interface?

Keith

-What is this... "selling the car" ...of which you speak???

Well we have to sell them all one day! lol

-That Alpine interface looks slick... couple of Questions:

1) Does that video playback in motion?

2) Is anyone bothered that the rotary encoder (the large knob) seems to work backwards with that interface?

Keith

1) With the VIM hack. You can DIY (can't find it right now) or get it done for £79 from HD.

2) Hadn't noticed that. I'm sure it doesn't take too long to get used to it.