NEW A3 (2005) wipers seem to be fouling bonnet

steve184

Reaction score
Anybody else with new shape A3 find that the wipers foul the bonnet slightly right in the corner in front of the driver (right hand side)?

How can i fix this cos im worried about taking it into audi as they might do something daft like re-align the bonnet or something to clear wipers but then end up with ****** big panel gaps!!!!!

Any comments will be aprreciated

Steve

The car comes from the factory with small plastic wiper blades just enough to clear the water to load and unload the car at the docks and onto and off the transporter. The actual wipers are in the boot. The dealer fits the wipers as part of the PDI. The technician who fitted yours obviously didn't get it right!

Take it back and ask them to fix it.

Believe it or not i've had the car two months and already had abismal service from the dealer - and already have zero faith and trust in them - i'm worried that they are going to do something stupid like adjust the bonnet to suit the wipers - i cant see how there can be any adjustment on the wiper arms they just mount onto a spline at the pivot points dont they??? so how can the be adjusted to be closer to the glass???? (as thats what is required)

To put the problem into perspective you can actually see the bonnet lift in the corner as the wiper touches it so it is a fair way out and it has already worn down to bare metal on the edge of the bonnet and the wiper arm at the point of contact.

mine foul the bonnent too just to let u know..

they dont lift up all the way.. and are obstructed by the bonnet..

asked them why its like this and they said they dont know...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

think you misunderstand richy - i dont mean the catch when you lift them ( i know they do that, you have to put them in park position beforehand) im talking mine are cathcing the bonnet in normal operation!! and its wearing the paint off the very edge!