Tyre profile??

khalil

Reaction score
may sound a little odd question but thought i ask anyway, i had goodyear f1 225 40 18 fitted while back, they replaced the conti sport (same size as the goodyear), but i noticed straight away on the goodyear that the PROFILE (40) seems to be less thicker than the conti sport, whay is that?? any ideas, i did compare this morning to my mates r32 who has the same tyre size as mine (his are yokohamas tyres) and his profile (40) seems much thicker than the goodyear

may just depend on the angle of where the tyre curves round.

I had a make of tyre on my A3 tdi at the rear and was grand on the coilovers, I replaced then with a different brand and they scuffed but the profile was the same

Just depends on brand

ye you right, my mates r32 tyres, the wall (profile) looks more straight, if you know what i mean, thats why maybe they look more chunky than mine

It depends on how thick the rim protector on them is. My contis looked like balloons after I had Pirelli PZeros on it!

the rim protector on the goodyear are huge, thats why maybe it looks like that, before when i had the conti's on, the car sat ok, but now it looks like it needs to be lowered,

Are the widths the same?

The profile figure is taken as a percentage of the width.

yes the width are the same, i guess its just the way different brands look,

I fitted some 215 tyres to a mates car and I swear that they looked wider than my 225 tyres. As said rim protectors can alter the look.

i had 235/35/19 on my golf and that had falkens on the rear and contis on the front - the falkens looked like they were streched :S