2.0tdi bkd vibrations in the cabin on idle

SAiLO

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced the car vibrating on idle, which is detectable in the cabin, when the engine has warmed up? After driving for 15-20 minutes, when I stop on traffic lights, I can feel the engine vibrating, that does not happen when the engine is cold.

I am sure this was mentioned before, but not being able to find it, I'll ask.

Thanks.

Could be the flywheel as mentioned but i would be surprised if it is in this case as the DMF flywheel doesn`t warm up so would vibrate all the time not just when the engine is hot.

Could be the flywheel as mentioned but i would be surprised if it is in this case as the DMF flywheel doesn`t warm up so would vibrate all the time not just when the engine is hot.

That's what I was thinking, as when the engine is cold, there is no symptoms.
Maybe EGR valve or something ?

if you put the AC on, does it go away when idlign rough or not idle as rough.

If thats the case, it will be your timing torsion.

Mine had exactly the sae symptoms as yours and adjusting the timing sorted it.

There's a vid floating about by me under the thread rough idle demonstrating this

Saw the video kaz, it's not like what used to happened to your car.
Putting the AC on does not make a difference.

I'm planning a remap soon, just wondering if I should go ahead with it or replace the dmf before... ?

remap will not affect the DMF but will cost a bit - if you are replacing the DMF, I would consider replacing the clutch too

Of coarse a remap will affect a DMF. With a remap the car will be making more bhp and torque. The torque goes through the DMF and clutch putting a DMF mechanism under more pressure and therefore more likely to fail same as a remap will make a slipping clutch worse for the same reason.

I guess I'll see how it works after the remap and then decide what to do with it . Anyone knows the approximate cost of dmf & clutch along with the cost of the replacement?