CV Boot and new bushes

just017

Reaction score
Hey guys, My car failed on the CV joint gaiter, a new one is £20 but comes to over £250 inc fitting.

Advisory notices were all 4 bushes.

Can anyone on here fit a gaiter and bushes (for some pocket money obviously)

Cheers

Wow that sounds dramatically expensive. I've heard it takes about an hour to change the boot so at that price I'd shop around mate. Maybe try a VW, I think the CVs are generic across the platform.

my mum had the same price. £280 from audi reading.

Storm Developments wanted about £160

my mate in the end got the parts and did it for 100 cash.

I phoned my local garage, they said £10 for the boot and £40-£50 labour.

Also, to fit new bushes, am i right in thinking a special clamp is needed?

cheers

Get the genuine audi kit the boots are better and they come with everything you need. Nutkin meant you need a press to do the bushes so that is the special tool. I have made a clamp to do bushes but a press is the best way

Ahh i see, cheers for the reply nutkin.

I'm not sure what part the local garage would use, but they seemed to know about them straight away. Should i ask them to use the genuine Audi kit then?

And i guess its going to be best for them to do the bushes also.

I got quoted £119 fitted for OS on my 2.0 FSI. This was Cheshire Oaks Audi. I bought the kit myself and local (trusted) mechanic is fitting it for £40. This is getting done as I type this message.
Jobs a good un!

Yeah i was surprised at the difference.

Even the CV gaiter on eBay (OEM) goes for half the price Audi sell it for.

Mines going in tomorrow

its not a massive job really, probably the hardest part is getting the hub nut off the driveshaft as its tightened to about 1 zillion Nm's!

i would rather pay someone a couple of hrs of labour to do it as its a proper minging messy job, done it on my Polo a few times which isn't too bad as you can get the driveshaft off in a matter of minutes!

Yeah my local garage done it yesterday, cost me £45 labour so i was pleased.

They said the bushes are fine and its just Audi being picky.