Facelift switch, any help ?

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
I was interested to know if i can swop the switches as show in the pics , to the new flat switches ?

NEW

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/patt23/switch.jpg.html][/IMG]

OLD

switch2.jpg

I was also wanting to know , if there is a like for like , as in where the buttons are on the old to the new?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the switches are in the SAME positions.

-You have however confused the issue (and yourself, I suspect) by showing a Left-Hand Drive set of 09-0nward switches, and a Right-hand-drive set of pre-08 switches.

For the same steering-side versions, the switch positions remain the same... i.e. 'ESP OFF' is always the centre switch in the same side, TPMS set is always to its left, passenger airbag light is always to its right. The two outer groups of three simply switch sides for LHD/RHD configurations.

Keith

Erm, no. At least, not on my RHD facelift. That is, my button set up matches the example shown by the OP.

Although, Australian delivered S3s just have blanks pretty much, unless options are selected to fill those blanks.

My set up goes like this...

| blank 1 | ESP off | blank 2 | hazard switch | blank 3 | blank 4 | blank 5 |

Blank 1 – AFAIK we can’t option TPMS in our market
Blank 2 – No requirement under Australian law to have provision for Passenger Airbag off light
Blanks 3-5 – Can be filled with the various parking aids and/or magnetic ride

This is why I am getting the card drawer/tray to fill the blanks from 3-5.

Yeah, their fit and alignment is a bit crap it has to be said. Pretty disappointing really. That said, I think they do look better (if you see a factory freak that does happen to have them all lining up properly).

I much prefer the old style. More classy.

Tenner says if they fitted the old ones now (switched round, make sense) everyone would want them. hahaha

I guess your right , just because its new does not always mean better.