Satnav install

damo2009

Reaction score
i have an a3 53 shape it as a single slot cd ive got hold off a s3 satnav
so to install it an i right to think i just chane the air con unit and cup holder is it that simple or is it harder than that

you need a new double DIN cage to house the RNS-E new facia surrounds and a double din air controller unit (although you can cut the exiting one to shape if your careful) and some VAG-COM coding

...and some wiring.

And either a sharkfin antenna or a clamp-on FAKRA antenna.

Also the switch panel around the cup holder, plus new switches etc.

Keith

It sounds a lot but actually all the parts can be had off ebay or a breaker or even Audi at reasonable cost. I think I paid £150 for all the parts, including a replacement climate control unit.

I did it last weekend and although it does take some time, it isn't a very technical job to do.

thanks for your help were will i find somone to do the vag

Have a look in the vag com page theres a sticky to see if theres anyone who will do it your area , or if you want to buy one i believe NHN sells them at a good price give him a shout cheers Ian

Yep but you won't have the info displayed in the DIS
i guy local to me has a diagnositic machine, might try him for coding when i do the rns e install, have you got the codes to hand of what needs to be changed to make the rns e work well?

Sorry mate, not to hand, do a search, including the RossTech wiki page.
As the coding will be specific to the options on your car there isn't a general set of codes to use.

I'm still to get mine coded...can anyone help with Vag Com in S London?