Warm starting/IMF/Aircon probs - Anyone help?

tates1979

Reaction score
Right folks,

Got my a3 Sportback for a snip a few months back but there has been a starting problem, coupled with a few error codes after getting the car hooked up to a computer. Im hoping the problems may be interlinked but here goes:

1) Warm starting problem. Car starts fine (not fine, but okayish) in the morning or if the car has been sitting for a few hours. However, an extended period in the car say 1hr, followed by a quick pop into the shop means the car is way harder to start - maybe 4/5 secs cranking - and sometimes then it judders as it starts. There is no engine management light and no fault code relating to ECT sensor, but might this be one the way out anyway? On a side note - where is the ECT sensor?

2) Aircon prob - I was posting on the aircon section a while back, basically had to get the connection changed from the compressor, got it regassed etc, but the coolant fan isnt kicking in. I get two error codes,

19557 (Motor for IMF)
17075 Fan 1 Control Circuit

I dont have the exact reading here as Im at work but think thats pretty much it..

Anyroad, was wondering if these things may be interlinked?? Someone on the aircon board posted that his Aircon didnt work until the IMF was replaced and I know they run off the same fuse. However, there is no sign of the fuse (F8 i think) having blown.

Not too worried about the Aircon as its inevitably gonna be cold this winter, but would really like to get the warm start prob cured - any suggestions ASN detectives?

T:sos:

Last shout- can anyone suggest anything for either of these problems?? Even if they aren't interlinked??