2.0 TDI 140 DSG ... starts fine but annoying noise when idling!!!!!

AJ-S3

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im a newbie here! Recently purchased a 2005 sportback a3 with DSG with 70000 on the clock. The car is an absolute minter. It starts fine, however, when it initially starts and is warming up or just parked up witht the engine on, i here an annoying noise coming from the engine which comes in for a second or two, then goes, then comes again ten seconds later. This continues to happen for at least 5 mins.
Also, the fan (imagine it has some kind of cooling job) comes on all the time ... even when the car has only be started for 2 mins! .....

Can anyone help and is this normal for a A3 sportback 2005 DSG ????

Hey, i posted up a video i have the same problem, is the noise like a stuttering sound?

can u tell me where the link is? i have just sat in the car for a while and after the initial noise for about 10 mins, the noise comes and goes just before the fan comes on?? anyone have any ideas???

THATS IT!!!! mine does exactly that! not as much as yours but that noise is exacly what it does. Do u know what the problem is? When will you be getting the car checked out? cheers

Its going in to Southend Audi on Wednesday, only for an MOT but i'm going to ask them if while its there, if they can see if they notice anything.

Soon as i get it back i'll let you know if i get any news. Also, does your sound go as soon as you touch the trottle, even if its just slightly? then comes back again soon after.

Ive had my grandad look at it, who has done a lot of work with cars over the years, he seems to think its a vibration somewhere but i think its something mechanical.

Yeah .. it goes away when i dab on the accelerator but then the revometer come back to normal the noise comes back for a bit. I think it could be something to do with the vibrations from the car and something needs tighening or changing but if you let me know what audi say that would be very helpful. Cheers

Hmmm same as mine, but i dont think it sounds like a vibration. I will let you know tomorrow however.

i have a similar noise and it goes after giving a few revs, however mines a manual, would be interesting to know what the cause is :huh:

is that what that problem sounds like?

Im a novice to these things

cheers

so does anyone have an idea how much this will cost?

Well no news huys, i asked them if they could have a look, but they didn't and just said it would require further investigation.

Going into a garage this week so i will ask them also.

I can't find the video. If i click the link above is sending me on a this thread: AMD Technik Group Buy
Where can I find it?

Anyone else found any news on there annoying stutter?