New User - Waiting For S3 To Arrive

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought i'd introduce myself, I've recently ordered an S3 in Meteor Grey, delivery time is early December and it's going to be a painful wait!

I'm hoping i've made the right choice, but i guess only time will tell!

Nick

Of course you've made the right choice!

What sort of spec have you gone for?

Hi mate,

I'm 4 weeks into my wait for mine, due in Oct/Nov!! Just think, Xmas always comes up fast from here so the wait won't be too long!

What's your spec?!

Steve :s3addict:

Yes, an early Christmas present!

Well, as I mentioned above its Meteor Grey, and i've gone for a manual. Didn't spec many options, but those I did are;

Bluetooth Handsfree
Ipod Connection
Bose
Silver/Black Silk Nappa Leather Seats
Lugguge pack
Lighting Pack

I ummed and ahhh'd about the Sat Nav option, or I think from reading on here many refer to it as RNS-e? I may look to retrofit it at a later stage, haven't decided yet.

of course you made the right choice, nice colour also, it will be just like waiting for Xmas.

Mark

Great choice mate. It'll be the longest wait ever!

Did you have an A3 before? I noticed your join date.

i was surprised to find out I was already a member, I did have a couple of A4s and have currently got an A5, but I dont remember ever signing up, and I dont think I made any posts.

Still, I'm here for real this time round! Call it a 2 and half year probation period!

lol did you use another site in the meantime?

Welcome for real :)

Not for the Audis I didn't, they were older battered up cars that I used to get me about and to the station etc, had a Porker for a while so joined a forum then, and have been running around in an old E30 BMW for a bit too so have been on a relevant forum there.

But, new times and new forum!

Welcome to the forum Nick.

Choice a very nice colour. Another member has that colour and his car looks wkd.
Got yourself a nice spec aswell...Bet the wait is killing you but be well worth it and as already said early Christmas present!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, looking forward to it for sure!

It was actually looking at other members cars the other week that made me go for Meteor Grey.

Nick

I ordred my a3 at the end of may and the delivery date was meant to be august 31st, still not sign of it but apparently it could be hear anytime after this thurs! has been a very long wait! every audi a3 ive seen drive past me i have been staring at it in awe.
i hope its all worth the wait ! congrats on youre purchase btw!
oh, and them post cards they send you everyweek start getting abit annoying :p

Tom

Hi guys

New to this forum though i signed up a while ago as i was dare i say it vwaudiforum but it wasnt as interesting so here i am. As for my car, current 07 reg 2.0tdi Sport is to be replaced v soon. New A3 been on order since June and got a call last week saying on a ship so 7-10 days for a wait for it 59 reg 2.0tdi Sport, Sportback this time not 3 door as my current model

Options i went for;

Ice Silver
5 Spoke design alloys (CP4)
Adaptive Xenons with DRL
Bluetooth Prep Low
Storage Pack
Non Smoking Pack

Post pics when i get it

Well today was distressing, I got my final order confirmation and the date has changed to mid January!!! anyone would think they are hand carvng it from a piece of granite!!

Definately good choice.

Your delivery date might come forward - we were told 21 September but collected S3 Sportback on the 1st.

Time flies - so does the car :thumbsup:

Well today was distressing, I got my final order confirmation and the date has changed to mid January!!! anyone would think they are hand carvng it from a piece of granite!!

Oh great, I presume I'm going to get the same call at some point soon then!

Did they give you a reason?!

Congrats on the car, still annoys me when people are having to tick and pay for options like Ipod and bluetooth. Fiat Pandas have both of these as standard ***!

I know it's a bit weird really, but I guess all to do with reaching a price point for respective markets.

iPod connectivity isn't standard here, but for the S3s, Bluetooth is. :icon_thumright:

Oh, congrats to the OP as well. I've just completed a March-August wait for my car, so I know what is ahead of you. The good thing is the pain of waiting is forgotten very quickly once your car is in your hands.

:beerchug:

Hi All,

I thought i'd introduce myself, I've recently ordered an S3 in Meteor Grey, delivery time is early December and it's going to be a painful wait!

I'm hoping i've made the right choice, but i guess only time will tell!

Nick

Mid Jan? Man i'm ****** for you! Oh well at least your still getting it!

Brand new too - awesome. 3 door?

Last edited: