Filling the car with petrol

XPOWER

Reaction score
I've noticed when filling the car with petrol the hose trips out. But if I take my time with putting the petrol in it can take another 6 litres before it the tank is actually full and almost overflowing.

Has Audi purposely deigned it for some reason so there is a 6 litre gap between the fuel hose telling me that the tank is full and when it is actually is?

No...it just depends how fast the pump is as to how soon you get blow back. a slow pump will fill to the top.

If I do trickle the fuel into the tank it seems to cause an air-lock and I have to wait for it to clear before I can continue with the filling. It's very annoying and time consuming.

I find if I insert the nozel in as far as it goes it trips out when filling with lever fully depressed. However, if I pull it out slightly then I can fill as quickly as I want, without it tripping anymore.

Find the same with every car I've had.

When I was in Germany we got tax free fuel that came in the form of pre-paid 10 litre vouchers. I could quite often be just over the 10 multiple and then still manage to use the rest of that 10 so as to not waste a whole voucher on just a few litres.

I think the CTR was the worst though. Nearly managed an entire voucher after the click!

my N/A 2.0 FSI is the worst car I've ever owned for filling. I need to put the nozzle in upside down to get it to go in without clicking off. I have worked on petrol stations/garages all my days so I know the dynamics of these things LOL

It sounds like I have to live with time consuming refuelling if I want to fill the tank to the top.
Thanks for your feed back.