Chipped my car just today- bluefin

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
Went to a Manchester superchips stockist this morning and bought the kit came home , just plugged it in and then registered on superchips web site.

Then no kidding within 2 minutes ( seriously ! ) i got a text and an email , to say my map was ready.

Plugged back in car .

Down the bypass and back a few times ,

Very very impressed , it is a lot smoother than befor.

Going through the gears was noticeable quicker. and mine is an S-tronic

I know its a lot of money , but for me it feels like a different car.

My car is 2.0 tdi 170 s tronic , now chipped ! - to about 200.

Engine type : Turbo-Diesel
Engine size : 1968 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 170
Original nm : 350
BHP increase : 27
NM gain : 77
Lb/Ft gain : 57

Next job today , black brake calipers + ebay audi decals , just hope that hameright is ok ?

Last edited:
Nice work, thinking of doing the same... both chipping the '170 and painting the calipers!

Good to hear mate - had my Bluefin map now on for 44k and not had any problems.

£ 435 same on line as it goes , i only live 5 miles away from the manchester out let, they also said if i wanted they would pop it on there rolling road another day. Good to know redbuther has had no problems. First time i have chipped a car , I went with blue fin after a lot of research on here , Thanks Guys ! and i liked the idea of being able to take it off my self and so on. Very pleased ! Just finished painting calipers black , all in all a good day.

I have been looking at the AMD chip for my 3.2 but it only gains 18bhp and i wonder if i would notice that..

That's super fast service! Was about 3 hour for me on a weekday which wasn't bad anyway!

I'm loving Bluefin at the moment. If I decide to go for stage 2 it'll cost me all of £50 :o.k: all done online too. It costs the same to go straight to stage 3 (2+) also!

Just had a look and it's only on the S3 it seems mate. Not even on the 2.0TFSI. Sorry :huh:

Reactions: Dave4ku
i've got the blufin on mine, not taken it off for the past 30k miles, remember the 1st day i got it and loved the extra power it gave.

well reccomended!

Can you get a free map swap if you sell your car in the first year or so i've heard

I was told that i could send it back to be reset for a new car ,

Once i had returned the old car back to original. They also said that they are not that strict and just to give them a call if and when , and they will sort something out.

My little experience of them was that they where very helpful and NOT
" take your money and see later " vibe at all.

I've found the customer service with Bluefin/Superchips to be excellent. They even let me try different variations on the S3 map with no extra charge, and all done via internet download :cool:

It's a piece of cake - just follow the prompts on the Bluefin unit and job done.

Do you mean can it be detected that a map was loaded at some point on the ECU?

Pretty certain the answer to that one is no.

Oooooh, and can you get custom made ones if you get a Miltek exhaust like you would at AMD or something?

my brother in law has just taken the bluefin off as he is now selling his car.
he hasnt had it long and has all the reciepts etc.
he took it back and had it reset and all the latest software installed on it, it is now ready to go on any VAG vehicle.
there is no change over fee as bluefin have wavered it for him as he didnt own it long.
he is now selling the unit for £250, still boxed, with reciept from new, ready to plug in and go, he paid over £400 for it.
im not here to hard sell it at all, just thought id let you lot know before he puts it on ebay, as it seems a bargain as there is no swap over fee.

I've found the customer service with Bluefin/Superchips to be excellent. They even let me try different variations on the S3 map with no extra charge, and all done via internet download :cool:

Does anyone know if Superchips can provide different (more aggressive) maps for a normal 2.0 TFSI A3?

my brother in law has just taken the bluefin off as he is now selling his car.
he hasnt had it long and has all the reciepts etc.
he took it back and had it reset and all the latest software installed on it, it is now ready to go on any VAG vehicle.
there is no change over fee as bluefin have wavered it for him as he didnt own it long.
he is now selling the unit for £250, still boxed, with reciept from new, ready to plug in and go, he paid over £400 for it.
im not here to hard sell it at all, just thought id let you lot know before he puts it on ebay, as it seems a bargain as there is no swap over fee.

PM sent. :thumbsup:

After starting this thread , i have now removed the bluefin from ( 2.0 TDI 170BHP )
Its just a case of plug and press a couple of Y on the hand set when prompted.

It then restores it to the factory settings , no signature is left as i ran VCD after to see.

They are giving me a Free map for my new S3 , i rang them and said just to log back into my account with the hand set plugged in , as you do when you first get it.

They will see that i have removed the original map they issued , and will then send the new map ready for download.
It really could not be easer , and because i have had the unit less that 12 months ( actually only 3 ! ) no charge.

I will be waiting a couple of weeks though to run the car a bit as it only had 5 miles on when i collected it and is still on 200 !

Going to chip it when i get to about 2000

It will then be on around 300bhp , quite a jump from the 200bhp tdi !

After starting this thread , i have now removed the bluefin from ( 2.0 TDI 170BHP )
Its just a case of plug and press a couple of Y on the hand set when prompted.

It then restores it to the factory settings , no signature is left as i ran VCD after to see.

They are giving me a Free map for my new S3 , i rang them and said just to log back into my account with the hand set plugged in , as you do when you first get it.

They will see that i have removed the original map they issued , and will then send the new map ready for download.
It really could not be easer , and because i have had the unit less that 12 months ( actually only 3 ! ) no charge.

I will be waiting a couple of weeks though to run the car a bit as it only had 5 miles on when i collected it and is still on 200 !

Going to chip it when i get to about 2000

It will then be on around 300bhp , quite a jump from the 200bhp tdi !

Sounds like exactly what i'm looking for!

Don't suppose you asked them about custom maps for if you have mods like an exhaust or hybrid turbo did ya Patrick?

Nope , i did not as it goes.

They are sound to chat to though , give em a bell , i may even sell the blue fin if your interested ?

The new S3 is quick enough for the time being and it has totally skint me , so if i can crawl back some much needed money i would be tempted , you would have it as new with the map for your car.
I paid £430 call it £350 and its yours !