Clutch and flywheels - Clearing up confusion!

tobycruse

Reaction score
The story so far, ill keep this short.

My car reaches Stage 2+ and needs an uprated clutch and flywheel. These are the Sachs clutch and single mass flywheel. When using these parts the car wont change gear quickly at high revs, a problem i believe due to the single mass flywheel making the gearbox vibrate too much.

The Sachs clutch and flywheel have been removed and sent back to Sachs to see if there is a fault with the parts. The OEM clutch and flywheel have been fitted. So is the following correct:

OEM clutch and flywheel: With any extra power the clutch will slip and the flywheel will start to break down. Revs drop slowly.

Sachs clutch and new OEM flywheel: The clutch will hold but the flywheel will eventually need replacing, only a matter of time. Revs drop slowly.

Sachs clutch and single mass flywheel: Both parts will hold and survive for a long time though in my car I cant change gear quickly at high revs. Revs drop quickly.

Am I right in these descriptions? If you get a Sachs clutch with the OEM dual mass flywheel is it only a matter of time before the flywheel will need replacing?