RS3 is go and will be at Frankfurt in September 09

A4CAB

Reaction score
TT RS engine and clubsport styling. £35k

About time

How about posting a link to your source or something?!

Won't this mean residual values on our S3's will drop?:w00t:

Shouldn't do if the RS3 is a totally different animal- which it SHOULD be!

Jeez! The RS3 threads have been going for ages and the clubsport pics have been out for over a year!

I do apologise for posting I thought this was a forum.

It is, and you're welcome to post it's just that there are loads of RS3 threads on here already, most of which contain more information that you have given in this thread!

It is, and you're welcome to post it's just that there are loads of RS3 threads on here already, most of which contain more information that you have given in this thread!

Lots of RS3 posts as various magazines have said since 2005 it is just about to go live.If I was to search for all RS3 posts the forum would probably crash :)

Reading posts is optional. Read it before move along nothing to see.

AZ

Lots of RS3 posts as various magazines have said since 2005 it is just about to go live.If I was to search for all RS3 posts the forum would probably crash :)

Reading posts is optional. Read it before move along nothing to see.

AZ

It is optional yes but there are quite a few things that get posted over and over again. News on the RS3 is one of them. Coincidentally the Clubsport pics get posted about once every 2 months by people who think it's brand new news.

That said we don't really want to get the same stuff posted over and over again so we always advise that members use the search facility before they post a new thread.

However, your links were to new stories it's just those stories for some reason are using old information. You weren't to know and I wasn't having a go, I was just saying it's old news.

It is optional yes but there are quite a few things that get posted over and over again. News on the RS3 is one of them. Coincidentally the Clubsport pics get posted about once every 2 months by people who think it's brand new news.

That said we don't really want to get the same stuff posted over and over again so we always advise that members use the search facility before they post a new thread.

However, your links were to new stories it's just those stories for some reason are using old information. You weren't to know and I wasn't having a go, I was just saying it's old news.

I undersdtand but the trouble with many forums is the moderators think they are some sort of net police, lets face it a few kb of extra data that people can read or ignore really is no big issue. I dont see loads of RS3 posts in this section and the copy of Autoexpress i bought today has pictures and potential prices of the RS3 which to me was exciting and new news.

The RS3 is the oldest news in the world I have a friend who has had a £500 deposit on one since 2006 lol

I undersdtand but the trouble with many forums is the moderators think they are some sort of net police, lets face it a few kb of extra data that people can read or ignore really is no big issue. I dont see loads of RS3 posts in this section and the copy of Autoexpress i bought today has pictures and potential prices of the RS3 which to me was exciting and new news.

The RS3 is the oldest news in the world I have a friend who has had a £500 deposit on one since 2006 lol

Whether I'm a mod or not is irrelevant, I would still have said it's old news! It's not like I deleted it or something.

Anyway, I'm really surprised that a dealership would accept a deposit on a car that doesn't exist! lol

Anyway, I'm really surprised that a dealership would accept a deposit on a car that doesn't exist! lol

Blimey you must be new to the car game, Audi stealers will take deposits on anything given half the chance !

Anyway lets not argue over something so trivial lets just hope the RS3 shows it head soon.

If it does come i'll stop the engine conversion and other major mods...Keep my current car for another 3-4years and put money to the side for her lol!! :)

Well this week's Auto Express seems to think the RS3 will definitely be making it's debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show on 17 September.

Their article says it styling will be based on the Clubsport TDI concept car with the same blistered wheel-arches, low front splitter and diffuser-style rear bumper. Power will come from the TTRS's 2.5 litre five-cylinder turbocharged engine, which means output of 335bhp. The price tag is expected to be around £35,000.

I must remember my camera when I visit the show on the way back from holiday.

Ah good, now I can buy some proper oem flared arches to stick on an 8P as I wont be spending 35k on an 8P thats for sure, 8P S3's always missed wider arches like my old S3 had.

Ah good, now I can buy some proper oem flared arches to stick on an 8P as I wont be spending 35k on an 8P thats for sure, 8P S3's always missed wider arches like my old S3 had.

Oi Nigel...Where that list i asked for lol!!!:p I have not forgotten.. Im pretty sure i asked you back in June/July and gave you till now (1st sep) to write it down for me;) That was the deal...Cant go back i'll be expecting an email or pm my friend:happy:

Did I not say when I've finished my turbo I would do or did I not? patients is a virtue.

Unfortunately this maybe true, lol

Bumper thief, lol.

What? This old thing?

03092009339-1.jpg

:eyebrows: LOL

bumper is perfect, there are dents on the tailgate - my new one complete with spoiler is sitting waiting for my mate to swap the glass about.

I'm borderline not-interested-any-more in anything to do with the RS3. If it is released and it looks like that clubsport thingy then :puke:

If you can get a subtle sportback version (arch flares are a must however) then I'll have a look. Otherwise I'll just go back to spanking the monkey over boosted 135i coupes, sorry :tapedshut:

will it have the led lights? looks like it has the old ones. Doesnt look amazingly bad but.. somehow, could look better. Looks a bit overstyled.

I just read in the A5 forum about the new S5 Sportback. Now I really, really don't care about the RS3 :beee:

If it does come i'll stop the engine conversion and other major mods...Keep my current car for another 3-4years and put money to the side for her lol!! :)

Well in Ashley, just noticed this little gem as it was in an RS3 thread, which I normally don't read :p.

Nice plan and will be interesting to follow your progress, thread to follow?