RS3 is go and will be at Frankfurt in September 09

No it's not mate, if you look at the bottom half of the bumper you can see it's quite different.

Seen that, its just photo of the facelift S3

if u look closely it also has uprated brakes.. looks like the TTRS brakes.. i think its definately happening.. if it does ill only revo my car and get saving for one of these bad boys

Well in Ashley, just noticed this little gem as it was in an RS3 thread, which I normally don't read :p.

Nice plan and will be interesting to follow your progress, thread to follow?

Thanks:happy:...Haha i always have a nose in RS3 threads :nyah: Most people have just given up on it though mind. I think Jamie Kip might of even given up aswell. As i've not seen him name in either of the last two threads regarding RS3 or in less he on holiday lol.
Yeah there will be a thread within the next coming weeks, just getting a few more parts together:icon_thumright:

No it's not mate, if you look at the bottom half of the bumper you can see it's quite different.

I dont notice any thing Leon:think: Well i hope its alot better than those photos. As it just looks like a standard S3 to me...Or am i just going blind?

if u look closely it also has uprated brakes.. looks like the TTRS brakes.. i think its definately happening.. if it does ill only revo my car and get saving for one of these bad boys

I wasnt doubting it may have the RS3 engine, uprated brakes etc...
Just saying it looks like its in an facelift S3 body shell.

Is it just me or is it not kind of underwhelming to just see the TTRS lump whacked into an S3?
Would't it be nice to see at least something new and god forbid REVOLUTIONARY for the new release? I mean the S4 got a new traction control system and a supercharger!
Some would say "it's an entry level car" albeit the top of the range but it's £35 grand!!!!

It's beginning to feel like Audi are happy to rehash engines and bodies at an alarming rate.
For me it dilutes the brand. I mean what the hell's an A5 sportback!!! Surely that's an A6!

Is it just me or is it not kind of underwhelming to just see the TTRS lump whacked into an S3?

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it a new engine for the TTRS, can't see them building it for one car and I would be more than happy to see it go in the RS3.

Hate to **** on the bonfire folks, but I have just read on Audi.DE (german) news section that 3 products will be released at Frankfurt, the RS3 was not amongst those listed, I hope I am wrong annd they are keeping it secret as nobody would like to see it produced anymore than me.

Mark

Its not that i think they should necessarily build a new engine from scratch-I agree the V5 would be a monster. It's more that at that price level-you would have thought they would look at pioneering some new technology.

Look at the 135i for example..."The 135i comes with the world's first differential with double-helical ball bearings which have the advantage of running at an even lower operating temperature reached more quickly than before thanks to the reduction of fluid required in the differential"

That's all I'm trying to say.

Thanks:happy:...Haha i always have a nose in RS3 threads :nyah: Most people have just given up on it though mind. I think Jamie Kip might of even given up aswell. As i've not seen him name in either of the last two threads regarding RS3 or in less he on holiday lol.
Yeah there will be a thread within the next coming weeks, just getting a few more parts together:icon_thumright:

Don't worry Ben, still reading up ;)
Just mega busy right now, house, mortgage, planning a move...

I still hope to see it, and think sticking the 5 cylinder lump in it is enough of a technology leap for me. It's interesting though, reading a lot of the press at the mo and it seems the industry is forecasting the market will want to downsize there cars, so more focus is going on the premium hatch sector... so it may well come, and if they want to test it in the market, the 8P chassis is the one to try it on, it's sold well, has returned on all the R&D and machining costs years ago, so they get good profit from this chassis right now. So, to minimise commercial risk, the time would be now. However, whether Audi think their is a big enough market for a £35k hatch in the current climate is another matter!

I have my fingers crossed :D

I still hope to see it, and think sticking the 5 cylinder lump in it is enough of a technology leap for me. It's interesting though, reading a lot of the press at the mo and it seems the industry is forecasting the market will want to downsize there cars, so more focus is going on the premium hatch sector... so it may well come, and if they want to test it in the market, the 8P chassis is the one to try it on, it's sold well, has returned on all the R&D and machining costs years ago, so they get good profit from this chassis right now. So, to minimise commercial risk, the time would be now. However, whether Audi think their is a big enough market for a £35k hatch in the current climate is another matter!

Ahh good to see you Jamie:thumbsup:...Thats fair enough, good luck with the move mate! And agree with you regarding 8P chassis! Lets hope it does happen but im not quite sure how you would handle the news if it was to be released!;) lol

You're slipping Jamie, 2 days before you poke your head when someone whispers RS3, shocking, lol

I think the Audi Cape Town person doth tweeteth too much...

Audi-RS3-tweet.jpg

More...

...whether Audi think their is a big enough market for a £35k hatch in the current climate is another matter!

That'll be close to £40K once you've added a few bits n' bobs ... sat nav, BOSE, etc... you can pick up a 6 month old Cayman S for that sort of money. I'd certainly be tempted with an RS3, but I have a feeling Audi will have dropped a ******* with this one. A near £8k premium over a base S3... LOL! A bit like the TTRS - I was at the dealers last week and got chatting to one of the sales reps - they sold just one, yes, one!

The countdown is on !! maybe by Friday Frankfurt/Audi will have revealed the long awaited RS3 or has it all been myth or rumour ?????

Fingers crossed !!

Mark

That'll be close to £40K once you've added a few bits n' bobs ... sat nav, BOSE, etc... you can pick up a 6 month old Cayman S for that sort of money. I'd certainly be tempted with an RS3, but I have a feeling Audi will have dropped a ******* with this one. A near £8k premium over a base S3... LOL! A bit like the TTRS - I was at the dealers last week and got chatting to one of the sales reps - they sold just one, yes, one!

Yes but neither the TTRS not the RS3 are really aimed at the UK market. The will both be more at home on a German Autobahn. I certainly saw several TTRS's in Germany last week. Perhaps I will see the RS3 in Frankfurt on the 21st!!!

It'll be a fantastic car, with similar straight line pace to E90 M3/ E60 M5/997S/RS4/R8 V8 etc....and scary cross-country pace.

A few months ago £40k would get you into a properly specified pre-registered E90 M3.

Blimey e-tron have a torque of 3,319.03 lb-ft .. isnt that impressive for electric car lol :p

was it a go? On my way back from work and punching away in wee mobile key pad!

Plus i can't see the tv thing

Motor Show no show so far.....the E-tron and a chromed R8 plus a few nice VWs,but no RS3.

Nope - it aint there, so an RS3 is looking like a load of ******? I do like the Golf R though - quicker than the S3 if you believe the stats?

I think the R32 replacement will be great especially as you can actually order some 19", why Audi left these off the options list I'll never know. The pics of it look really good so very price dependant, anyone think all these other VAG products coming out with the S3 power plant may devalue our cars ?

I think the R32 replacement will be great especially as you can actually order some 19", why Audi left these off the options list I'll never know. The pics of it look really good so very price dependant, anyone think all these other VAG products coming out with the S3 power plant may devalue our cars ?

To be fair the Cupra and the Edition30 are essentially the same engine (albeit you need a remap to get the same power) and it's done no damage.

Agree, Im a big fan of the Golf and this just what the line up needs. Especialy after VW released the `new` Gti with a pathetic 211bhp. WTF?

Just means that AUDI will have to raise the bar with the S3 at some point between now and when the new platform arrives.
Whether that be a tweaked S3 or in RS3 guise.
Although Ive read the new Golf will be around 28K?:scared2: and sell in limited numbers so on that basis I wouldnt expect the new Golf R to cause widespread S3 price crashes. (I hope)

And having owned a couple Mk5s and assuming the Mk6 is similar, I would struggle to pick the Golf over the S3 especially as the Golf may be more money.

In fact I considered the MK5 R32 and Ed30 before the S3 but a really nice, top spec, lightly used R32 or ED30 were sitting on forecourts at upto 23K, when a couple of grand got you an S3 at the time!
The styling, finish and 4wd was easily worth the extra for me.

Great to see VW upping the game though:icon_thumright:

Just need a bonkers 4wd Scirocco and Im sold:jump:

cheers
Paul

Motor Show no show so far.....the E-tron and a chromed R8 plus a few nice VWs,but no RS3.

Having just got home from my holiday which included a visit to the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday (21st) I can confirm that there was no RS3 to be seen on the Audi stand.

New R Line models of the Golf and the Scirroco on the VW stand - photos to follow....

Having just got home from my holiday which included a visit to the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday (21st) I can confirm that there was no RS3 to be seen on the Audi stand.

New R Line models of the Golf and the Scirroco on the VW stand - photos to follow....

Hope you had a nice holiday Dave :icon_thumright:

There's a thread about the Golf R in Gen Auto but nothing about the Scirocco though.

RS3 to be launched at Geneva in March is what I'ved heard ;)

Sadly I'm dreaming... I was waiting for a bashing from the non believers in fairness... :(

I can still dream though!

Sadly I'm dreaming... I was waiting for a bashing from the non believers in fairness... :(

I can still dream though!

Sorry mate but...

flying_pig.gif

I'm somewhat sceptic following the recent hype of the Frankfurt motor show.. If Audi were to unveil the RS3 they would've done so on their home territory..

What's the Motorshow following Geneva? I say its gonna be unveiled at that one, wherever that maybe and when!!!??!!

If the release of the Golf R isnt enough for AUDI raise the bar and bring us a bonkers last hoorah on the 8P platform then what is?

Even a heavily revised special Edition S3 would do.:icon_thumright:

cheers
Paul

My two cents. From my point of view we've had the TT, S3 TT-S and TT-RS. Whats been talked about most. Or should l say whats been wished for most.
When l asked the local salesman about a RS3 he said it would have to be done right and it would cost. TT-RS, well speced = £50k. Supply and demand boys and gurls. Only a matter of time. But lm afraid it will be out my budget.