Bose / Symphony?

Leenx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Are these one of the same? i.e. if you have the Bose then you have the Symphony? I thought so but now not sure?? I have Bose in my S3 if this helps?

Cheers

Last edited:
The type of HU and the type of system (Bose or non Bose) are two completely different things. Bose is the part of the system after the HU i.e. the amp and speakers. The Bose system works with any Audi HU Concert 2, Symphony or RNS-E, as does the non Bose system. The only difference is the EQ setting in the HU which is dictated by the wiring and a VAGCOM setting to turn on/off the Bose welcome when you turn the HU on, which is purely cosmetic.

The type of HU and the type of system (Bose or non Bose) are two completely different things. Bose is the part of the system after the HU i.e. the amp and speakers. The Bose system works with any Audi HU Concert 2, Symphony or RNS-E, as does the non Bose system. The only difference is the EQ setting in the HU which is dictated by the wiring and a VAGCOM setting to turn on/off the Bose welcome when you turn the HU on, which is purely cosmetic.

Thanks Andy - Anyway I can do a quick check to see what I have as opposed to checking manual which is at the GF's house?:think:

Have you got Bose written on your door speakers.........thats often a giveaway:yes:

Have you got Bose written on your door speakers.........thats often a giveaway:yes:

Yep - got the Bose on the doors, the HU is the RNS-E. Me thinks I don't know what I'm talking about. Just want to know if I've got Bose with Symphony or not? or if you have the RNS-E - it's not applicable? My dealer doesn't seem to know either! oh boy!:sign_omg:

Can you change the thread pre-fix for this thread please Leenx? This is a generic 8P question rather than an S3 one.

Thanks.

You've got RNS-E and you want to know if you have Bose with Symphony?
Symphony is a model of head unit. You have RNS-E with Bose, Symphony is irrelevant.

You cant have an RNS-e unit and a symphony unit. ones a MP3 sat nav radio and the other is a CD/radio. 2 separate head units.
If you have Bose speakers then you have an RNS-E unit playing through an external Bose EQ unit.

ok guys - cleared up, thanks for clarifying I'm just being a tad thick!
Cheers