A3 8P1 Sport 2.0 TDI - upgrade tips please!
Sorry for being a total noob but I've recently bought a silver 2004 A3 8P1 Sport 2.0 TDI and I need some help on upgrades. Only after I bought it did I realise that there were 8P2 and 8P3 updates. I had been looking for an S-Line but couldn't find one with heated seats, cruise, xenons and sunroof, so I figured I'd get a Sport and then upgrade it a bit.
I've ordered an S-Line roof spoiler, which is going on in the next week or so but there are some other upgrades that I'd like tips on: -
- Front grill/bumper for 8P2 or 8P3 S-Line. Has anyone done this and if so what sort of money is it likely to set me back?
- What is the best remap for the 140 TDI and how much is it?
- I've read a couple of articles about DIY fitting auto lights and the rain sensor but was wondering if anyone has had it done rather than doing it themselves? There's no way I could do the installation without trashing my car, so if anyone knows somewhere reasonably priced that could sort it, I'd appreciate the info.
- LED front lights. Is it possible to fit these to the 8P1 without any major mods (in case I decide not to go for the 8P2/8P3 grill upgrade)? How much would a set cost in xenon?
- Is there any difference in the suspension between the Sport and S-Line? The reason for asking is if I get some S-Line 18" wheels, will it need lowering to look proper?
Thanks in advance for any info.
i am doing the s-line coversion now i got the bumper and grill of ebay they have marks on them but you will need get them sprayed up any way there is a few people on here that can get other parts for you
just drop them a pm
i think sports is lowered 15mm
S-line is lowered 20mm
18's you will want it dropping on springs or might need coilovers to get it sit flush with the arch and then will look sweet
Welcome to the forum Jimbo
Any photos of the new car? You get a good deal?
Check this link for advice on the front end conversion 8P2
Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper Quite a few peoplee have done the conversion all depends on how you source your parts and then you will need painting and fitting.
Could have a remap by Revo? There good but not sure on there price have to check the website or AMD or Custom Code
You can fit the LED lights buts its gonna cost alot have a read of these threads as you have to change quite a few things:
Will the 2009 facelift S3 front end fit a pre-facelift S3?
Will the 2009 facelift LED A3/S3 headlights fit a pre-facelift?
Technically yes, if you've got a lot of spare cash.
This thread discusses aftermarket lights with LED DRLs for the A3 (still awaiting news):
S-line i believe 10mm lower than Sort. Wont have to but most people do lower it that 10mm or more by springs or coilovers depending on funds. Which does make it looks alot better, and sits just right...
Enjoy the car