Concert to Symphony II+ swapping over?

podiopie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the 2007 Concert basic cd player in my 2007 s3 and am wanting to swap to a Symphony II+ and was wondering if this is a straight swap? will I need any additional wires or does anything need VAg on it?

Any help much appreciated, I assume as its the single to 6 cd thats the only realy change that its a fairly easy swap?

Cheers again

Not a straight swap.

The Concert has ISO connectors, whereas both the Concert 2+ and Symphony 2+ use the Quadlock.

'Concert 2+' to 'Symphony 2+' is the 'fairly easy swap' of which you speak... but if you have the 'Concert 2' then you'll need an adaptor, and THEN it's easy enough.

If you have the SINGLE-DIN version, then things get really annoying!

Its this one here, hopefully the easy option of the two as likely hod is I need to get the symphony II+ decoded so this is a lot of effort if its not the easy switch ha ha

IMG_0407.jpg

Plug and play mate.

Though you may need the options coded with VAG-COM, depending on how the replacement unit is coded to begin with...

Keith

Thats a relief cheers for that Addict, I think its going to have to be fully coded all round really as buying it cheapish and its got no code with it, these guys can help for a price,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Radio-Co...s_PP?hash=item1bfeeb0445&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Bought some removal keys and will masking tape it up good, then should be ready to swap. Do I just remove the old one, do I need to do anything? I searched round on here and it mentioned transportation mode or something....? :confused:

Thanks for your help

I've even made my own 'keys' before now... I got a couple of hanging file folders, and pulled out the metal 'flat-rods' which are inside, then cut them at about a 30° angle with a pair of cutters, and filed them so there are no sharp edges. -then I just slip them in with the 'pointy-edge' outermost, then once they're all the way in, I 'push outwards' slightly, and remove the head unit, inching outward one side at a time.

Never heard of a decoding service before... (being a Scouser, you'd expect me to know ALL about that sort of thing! :) )

Keith