Ordered my new S3!

sje_123

Reaction score
Hi guy and girls,

I've been lurking here for a few months in the build up to my new order and about 3 weeks ago I ordered....

S3 3Dr Manual
Phantom Black
Cruise
BOSE
Symphony
Privacy Glass
Interior Light Pack
Luggage Pack

The dealers 'delivery sheet' showed an expected delivery of October but he said he was doubtful when all other models were showing Dec/Jan but he said he would be optimistic for Nov! :icon_thumright:

I have ordered my 'Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire Shine Kit' already in preparation!!

At some point I will also be lookin into the RNS-E upgrade too!

I will be sure to post Pics when it arrives!!

:s3addict:

:sign_welcome: to the forum SJE

Sounds like you got nice spec S3 coming your way this year! Also nice to see you bought 'Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire Shine Kit' ready to look after your pride and joy.
Will be looking forward to the pictures later on in the year.

Thanks
Ashley

Very nice indeed, but you forgot the bucket seats! A must if you are going to drive the twisties and back roads! Or at least the more grippy Alcantara suede/leather stuff, I just slide out of my standard leather 'sports' seats!

PS Welcome!

Si

Last edited:
I ordered mine yesterday also and my dealer has quoted November as being a realistic date, fingers crossed eh:yes:

I ordered mine yesterday also and my dealer has quoted November as being a realistic date, fingers crossed eh:yes:

Excellent! So I may even see mine end of Oct!! :icon_thumright:

I've never liked buckets seats to be honest and as for the Alcantara, I did look into it but then noticed the stuff then comes on the inside of the doors also, and I didn'y like the look of the 'furry' doors!!

My s3 also on its way:

3dr manual
Ibis White
Bucket Seats
6 CD changer
Sun Roof
Black Optics
Tinted Windows
Cruise Control
Bose

Just bought some speeline Turni's had them sprayed matt black, also got coilovers on the way!

When I ordered they said 9 weeks, just been in touch though and they said it will be with them by the end of September! Thats 12 weeks i've had to wait! Every day has been agony! :3sadwalk:

I will post pics when she comes! HURRY UP PLEASE!

Nick

Last edited:
Just had a call from my dealer..........

In my original post his 'delivery sheet' said October and then he said it would more likely be the start of November, but now he just told me 1st week of December and that my car is 'Build Week 36'.

Does this happen often with factory orders from Audi, i.e. the date being pushed back?

Also, 'Week 36' to me means last week of September, can it really take another 8 weeks to ship it to the dealer in the UK?

Cheers,

Steve

You'll be lucky to see it in october!

I ordered mine back in july, build week 40. Ibis FULLY LOADED TO BREAK NECKS MAX!

You'll be lucky to see it in october!

I ordered mine back in july, build week 40. Ibis FULLY LOADED TO BREAK NECKS MAX!

So I take it mine is to be made 4 weeks before yours?! I assume the car is fully made in that one week? If so, how long does it normally take to arrive at the dealership in the UK after the build week? Anyone know?

Hi guys,

Another question!

I now fancy that black grill on the front of my new car, now the order has been placed with Audi is it too late to change, I have been given a build week of 36 which it isnt yet, can I change it?

If not, how much are they from the dealer afterwards and how much do they charge to fit it??

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Another question!

I now fancy that black grill on the front of my new car, now the order has been placed with Audi is it too late to change, I have been given a build week of 36 which it isnt yet, can I change it?

If not, how much are they from the dealer afterwards and how much do they charge to fit it??

Cheers!

I phoned my dealer asking to put a ipod connector in a few weeks ago, but i was too late! Mine is being built this week though, you may still have a chance! Give them a call and fingers crossed!

Nick

Had a call from the stealer on the 12th saying my car had been built, and a call yesterday saying it was in the UK and it is expected at the stealership on Monday!! Hoping to pick up before the end of the month!

I'm going to tell them not to wash it, I'll do it myself properly etc. I'm going to make sure all my options are there etc., anything I need to make sure of before I drive it off the forecourt?

Cheers

:s3addict:

check all the interior for any small rips or cuts. I found my seats had small cuts in them where they had used a knife to cut the plastic off.

I also took the gap insurance which I'm sure is a good deal for 3 year protection for about £300, but what about the tyre and alloy protection they offer for about the same price and same period each?

Good deal or should I cancel when I pick it up?

I took Gap as well, passed on the alloy protection, etc.

More black and Ibis S3's, tidy. Good effort on the buckets, you will not be disappointed. I like the black alloy combo, goes well with the black stylng pack on Ibis. I'm ordering BBS CH Black Editions in the new year a la Carl (Japper).

So many Ibis now, maybe need a specific meet and photoshoot?