Clarification....et 35 lol

I thought there must be some reason for you to sound so dead set against having one. I know what you mean, but the VR6 was 3 generations back. I'd happily have a Mk5/6 Golf, even if the interior does seem a bit cheap compared to the old Mk4.

diggin this from the grave a bit, but i bought some wheels last night, they are now on the car..

Got some dotz mugello in 19's, with 235/35/19 tyres on them..im not lowered at the min so i wont be changin the tyres for 215's

The fronts stick out miles?! are your the same N8KOW?

so with 215's the wheels wont stick out?!

monster truck lol, its not too bad to be honest, needs lowerin though

i really dont get how changing the tyre width will change how the wheel sits to the arch :(, i thought it was souly the wheel that mattered!

Anyone care to explain how it works :(

Sorry to be a pain, ill get some pics soon of the monster!

i really dont get how changing the tyre width will change how the wheel sits to the arch :(, i thought it was souly the wheel that mattered!

Wheel stretch. Look at sidewalls

225/35 18" on 9.5" width wheel
9.5_225_35_R18_Falken_FK452.jpg

255/35 18" on 9.5" width wheel
9.5_255_35_R18_2.jpg

Basicly
One tyre is |----| and another /---\

Last edited:
Yeah I remember you saying. I've got 215/35/19s Pirelli P Zero Neros on mine, they aren't as stretchy as falkens or the toyos you had, so mine is fine for everyday! I chat to lomax on msn, he's telling me of all his current mods, very very nice! They were £2.3k without tyres :moa: Also they are now discontinued :confused:

yeah his were 2300 but i wanted the centres in white to match my car hence 2700. Although his are now available mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wheel stretch. Look at sidewalls

225/35 18" on 9.5" width wheel
9.5_225_35_R18_Falken_FK452.jpg

255/35 18" on 9.5" width wheel
9.5_255_35_R18_2.jpg

Basicly
One tyre is |----| and another /---\

Thanks for that buddy, i thought there were more to it, somethin i didnt understand! But i get it now, thats ridiculous in the first pic! Mine doesnt stick out as much as that lol

quick picture..will get a better picture showin how far they stick out when its had a wash..

Next on the list...SPRINGS!