DPF warning just come on?

smbAudi

Reaction score
guys,

my manual is at home but my new 1.9TDIe with 2000 miles on has just come up with the DPF warning light.

Can anyone shed any light on what this means before I look at the manual tonight?

Thanks in advance

i think this is a pollen filter warning light...

means you need to take it on a good 20-30 minute run constant.. i.e motorway at i think 3rd-4th gear 3-4000 rpm and hold it.. it will then reset.

i found this out recently when audi gave me a 1.9 diesel a3 sprtback.. same thing happened to me..

make sure you do it soooner rather than later as there are apparently three stages. once that light has been on for a while the spark plug light will come on.. if you go past that point i think its a problem..

cool, cheers for that mate. Thought it would be that clogging up. the last couple of weeks have been journeys less than 5 miles so guess it's clogged up from that. I've got a 2 hour drive in the morning so that'll sort it out...

Also had this myself in the past on my old A4 because of short journeys. The DPF doesn't have enough time to get up to temp to start regenerating. As S3RYE says, 3rd-4th at 3-4000 rpm holding it is what Audi would also advise.
I personally never done this TBH as I felt and just wanted to change gear with the engine screeming for it. The 2 hour run will deffo sort it thou mate. As soon as it heats up it will start burning off ;)

Last edited:
got back on friday night and read the manual which says to drive at least 40mph in 3rd or 4th keeping revs above 2000rpm and stay there for 15mins.

I adjusted my driving style before I got back anyway keeping the revs above 2000rpm when moving and by the evening after I filled up the light had gone off. Suffice to say I havene't seen it back since my 2 hour journey yesterday either!!