Which MFSW?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Been looking on the bay for a mfsw for the car. Are there any differences between the A3/A4/A6 and Q7 wheels as I notice they have different part numbers?

some have flappy paddles, some dont, some have perforated leather others have plain leather, some have red or silver stitching others just black.

They will all fit bar RS4 - the buttons dont work properly. Just have to find one that suits your requirements.

Yeah, that's what I thought, as long as there all the same size, then I just need to buy one with the correct "spec" ......right?.
I have done it before with my last A3, but I have a habit of jumping in with both feet without thinking first!!!

I have one with flappy paddles but I have a manual, felt £380 was good price so didnt mind. Used VCDS to tell car i had manual and all was well too.

I take it you got the FBMFSW then, I'm not too bothered tbh I just want the controls for the radio/bluetooth.

I would get an FBMFSW from a TT & A3, that will be fine, dont touch A6/Q7, think they're slightly larger, A4 also will fit but you want matching airbag & I see A3 & TT with airbags included mostly, also the airbag loom on A3/TT are already 100% compatible & wired correctly where as A4 might be wrong & require adjusting with pin moves to make work fully, just to save you hassle go for A3/TT IMHO

I would get an FBMFSW from a TT & A3, that will be fine, dont touch A6/Q7, think they're slightly larger, A4 also will fit but you want matching airbag & I see A3 & TT with airbags included mostly, also the airbag loom on A3/TT are already 100% compatible & wired correctly where as A4 might be wrong & require adjusting with pin moves to make work fully, just to save you hassle go for A3/TT IMHO

Damn.........seen a nice Q7 one, that rules that one out then lol!

Thats a fair price tbh given market these days, I can say Simons a good guy to deal with & an AS member so helps, I trust him.

Thanks for the offer, but I need flappy paddles!

I just picked this up from E-bay for £475 for my 3.2 DSG. Its brand new and came from Hungary :ohmy: off a TT
BYM7ySQB2kKGrHgoH-DwEjlLlfO9BKgTBiV.jpg

a couple of days later another one went for £470 with chrome paddles......I did see one go for £375 a couple of weeks ago so be patient.
I got am S-line badge for it but that was another €36 !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
One went the other day for £330 with the airbag, chrome paddles and silver stitching!

A3simon i may be interested in your steering wheel if it doesn't sell on ebay. As you can see i live in Aberdeen so would'nt be a problem picking it up. Will the controls work ok with a 57 plate with concert cd player?, i know there are threads on this but when it comes to VAG.com i'm affraid it goes right over my head.:confused:

I have a s line MFSW flappy paddles on my 2009 you can have in 7 days not flat bottom.
it is mint. what ever you think is fair?

Anyone know the part no for the RS TT's Steering wheel yet?