The Story So Far

karl88

Clutch, Gear, Gas, Gone!!
Reaction score
Here we have my 55' plate A3 2.0 TDI Sport, Deep Sea Blue Pearl. Bought the car about 3 months ago from Honda. Only had 37k on the clock too. Interior was immaculate, exterior pretty immaculate too. Had to have a tow-bar removed too before i picked up the car though.

Pretty standard car really, only done a few little things to it at the mo.

So Far:
S3 Alloy Mirrors
Arm-rest
6 CD Changer
Mud-flaps
Full Audio install - JVC HU, Morel 6.5" 2 way components, JL Audio 12" Sub and Hertz EP4 Amp installed into the wheel well.

Would like to do more to it, preferably the exterior but everything is on hold for now. I'll wait til Christmas i think to treat myself lol!

Comments Please!

First couple of pics are the day i picked up the car.

Hope you like!

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSCF1484.jpg

Boot Install

DSCF1490.jpg

Cheers
Karl

Last edited:
Cracking mods so far.

I've heard and seen this sound system in the flesh and it sounds the muts nuts!

Just dont really know what wheels to go for.

Such a wide variety out there and i would like to do something that no-one or not a lot of people have done.

Decisions decisions! As i say, got a while to think now.

I like the sub install. Not too showy. How powerful is it?

great colour
nice looking install :icon_thumright:
what is the head unit , it blends in nicely with the audi interior?

Boydie , you still got the s3 bits for sale

Thanks 347.

The HU is the JVC KD-R801. I went for it because it does go very well with the interior. As much as i hate to say this, it kinda goes well the piano black inlays, unfortunately ha! Still looking to swap them for silver alloy ones though lol!

Yeah mate i do, I can send pics if you want. Wont be til the weekend though mate im afraid that ok?

Yeah mate i believe so. Everything is through my brothers thats all. He is gonna check tomoro and take some pics. Needs a little clean up but i'll upload the pics tomoro if you want? Or send you a pm with them in?

yeah course it is mate i took it off my car.

The actual bit that attaches to the caravan/trailer can be removed from the bar under the car too

Not a problem, will get some tomoro from my brother. As i say it needs a little clean up but i'll get that done. Also with you being in Essex P&P price will be a lot, i'll check the exact weight and price it up for you ok.

Regards
Karl

Lol, im in Sunderland at the mo, will be heading down Plymouth next weekend though

Thanks very much for sending the pictures, unfortunately that kit would be no good for my car. Much obliged though!

Do you still have the spare wheel ? Even thou you have the Sub where the spare wheel is?

Very much correct Boydie, the spare wheel is currently in my brothers shed lol!

They had to build a false floor on top of a false floor because the wheel well wasnt quite deep enough, needed another 18mm or so.

Not a problem 'mhill', thanks anyway.

Well after being outbid on a set of silver alloy air vents, i decided to make my own, with help from my brother.

It simple and saves you a lot of money, and if im honest they look totally spiffing lol!

Regards the painting, i put 2 coats on. There is also the spray paint which is also very effective.

Took step by step photos too so here they go.

Firstly these are the products you will need to prduce such stunning reps lol!
Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

And to make:-
Photo0047.jpg

Photo0048.jpg

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0051.jpg

Photo0052.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0060.jpg

Hope you like.

Cheers
Karl

Look even better in the flesh ;)

Highly recommend drinking the crate of Smirnoff after the are painted though :jester: