Rear knocking noise

t33job

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive had my a3 for a few weeks, and the other day I had two people in the back, one in the middle and one on the right (left seat folded down) and since then the rear right (which had the most load on) has started making knocking noises, Ive had a look underneath and the damper is all in tact, no leaks etc and the spring is in place..

It makes the noise over bumps, drains, pot holes etc...Does it sound like a wheel bearing, previous MOT's show that the rear bearings were changed three times since new so would it be likely to be that again?!

If so, how much rougly is a rear bearing, £10, £50,£100?

Hi,

Ive had my a3 for a few weeks, and the other day I had two people in the back, one in the middle and one on the right (left seat folded down) and since then the rear right (which had the most load on) has started making knocking noises, Ive had a look underneath and the damper is all in tact, no leaks etc and the spring is in place..

It makes the noise over bumps, drains, pot holes etc...Does it sound like a wheel bearing, previous MOT's show that the rear bearings were changed three times since new so would it be likely to be that again?!

If so, how much rougly is a rear bearing, £10, £50,£100?

Might be worth checking the plastic trim that covers the suspension arm. On mine, on the near side one of the plastic lugs had split slightly making it a loose fit. This caused a knocking from the rear over bumps. I just put some silicone in the gap where it joins the arm. Has been silent ever since.