JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: Oil Leaking

1st Gear

Status

Oil Leaking

Have been checking the engine bay of my 2.0 tdi today and there is a large pipe in at the front of the engine in the middle which comes up from the bottom and into the inlet manifold which has the egr bolted onto the side of it. Where the pipe connects it has some kind of retaining clip which I have ensured is fitted correctly but have noticed that oil has been leaking from the connection and has been running down the back of the pipe. Is this normal ? It seems to be only a small amount and not puddles. When I took it apart and reconnected it I noticed that there was oil inside the pipe and there was a rubber seal around the edge, could this need replacing ?

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    If it's the pressure side of the turbo then yes it's quite common to see oil leaking from the crappy clips they use to hold the pipes in.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for your reply, how can I tell if it is from the pressure side of the turbo. Sorry if thats a daft question but these diesels are all new to me ?

Just Looking

Status
    If it goes into the intake manifold then it'll be the pressure side.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    It`s the pressure side mate and oil in the pipework is normal as it`s piss poor designed but it can be cured by removing some bits.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for your reply, what bits do I need to remove ? Also you wouldn't happen to know where the pollen filter is in these cars ?

cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3-TDI View Post
    Thanks for your reply, what bits do I need to remove ? Also you wouldn't happen to know where the pollen filter is in these cars ?

cheers
    left hand side under dash below glove compartment .
    plastic cover that slides across to access it