Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Selling up, what should I ask for ?

Thinking about selling up, but a bit confused as to what my cars worth as it's a bit different.

Was originally an A3 2.0 FSI Sport, but have since done an S-Line conversion with full leather interior from an 07 A3 S-Line. I'll be honest and state it was a sport originally.

Spec is

- 73k on the clock
    - Full leather inc centre armrest, new steering wheel & s-line gearknob also fitted.
    - Brand new bumper, bonnet & rear spoiler all sprayed in the last 6 months
    - BOSE, RNS-E, 6 CD changer in glovebox
    - Parrot Handsfree
    - RS6 OEM wheels fully refurbed (no scratches or dents) michelin sport tyres with at least 6-7mm tread
    - Eibach Pro springs

Full service history & cambelt & longlife service done 9 months ago.

Was thinking around the 8k mark ? What do you think ?

Last edited by jb111s; 25th August 2009 at 20:56.
    Started off as an A3 FSI 2.0 Sport.

Full leather interior from an 08 S-Line (inc headlining). Centre Armrest, Eibach Pro's, RS6's, RNS-E, Handsfree, CD Changer, BOSE, Single grill conversion, S3 Spoiler.

To do: Newer S-Line bumpers & FBMFSW.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    How old is it?

When I was looking for my 2.0T Sportback DSG I took a notional new price of 22k and knocked off 100 quid every thousand miles and 100 quid every month old it was to get the price I'd expect to pay at an Audi dealer.

You can get a free Glass's guide trade in estmate from the "Value My Car" link in the Finance section of the Vauxhall website.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

1st Gear

Status
    Oops, good point. It was registered in January 04, but is on a 53 plate.

I would use a glasses guide but I would hope the s-line spec (although not official) would increase the price (not to mention RNS-E, bose etc).

Full leather interior from an 08 S-Line (inc headlining). Centre Armrest, Eibach Pro's, RS6's, RNS-E, Handsfree, CD Changer, BOSE, Single grill conversion, S3 Spoiler.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Well the problem is, to most people it will still be a 2.0 FSi regardless. I have a similar problem.

If you are not too desperate to sell you will find someone that can appreciate the nice work you have done.
    Last edited by Broken Byzan; 25th August 2009 at 14:52.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah not too desperate (it's a 2.0fsi btw, not T) so will hold off until the right buyer comes along.

Lot's of standard 2.0 fsi sports going for 6-8k. I think 8k is a very good price for all the work that's been done on it as it is s-line spec. I'll chuck it on pistonheads this weekend and see.

1st Gear

Status
    you will struggle to get 8k, im sort of in the trade and i can get 2.0tdi s lines with around 70-85k for 7-8k, somebody would rather pick the tdi over the petrol..

i saw a 2.0 fsi with all the extras you have added on bar the sat nav go for under 5k on pistonheads that had 97k on it.. but you get the point

if you still have the orginal parts your best off putting it back to standard e.g wheels, seats, sat nav, because no ones really going appricate what you have done.. most people want a bargain.. and would opt for a standard model at 6k rather than 8k.

thats just my 2p..

Makinen...ha

Status
    That was a steal at under 5k though mate, i think around 7 a bit under for this is reasonable, like you said it does have all the extra's..

You though about splitting and going back to standard? Get a lot of money back for the interior, wheels etc..just a thought

1st Gear

Status
    i agree it would sell at 7k to the right person.. a genuine person who was going to do the changes him self and has just been saved the trouble, or someone whos after a certain spec e.g. must have sat nav leathers etc..

if your not botherd about the sale i would go ahead as you are..

but if you want the most money possible, i would honestly go back to standard, and if you havnt got the old parts anymore, id offer trades on stuff e.g. your seats for mine plus cash! alot of people would bite your hands off for full leather and sat nav, thats including me..

my opinions based on, if i was selling the car thou, im not an expert trader, but i've tried it, and im good at it, and i've gone through around 6 A3's in a year.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers guys. There do seem quite a few 2.0 Fsi's for sale at the moment. I know some have gone for silly money, but hopefully I'll find someone pay at least 7500 for it as it needs nothing else done to it & is single grill & absolutley immaculate inside and out & not needing any big services or work done.

I may flog the RNS-E seperatley though. As I said, no urgent rush, new car isn't coming until December so can bide my time.