Questions...

M

mr X

Own an Audi 2007 S3(8P).. Just changed my turbo to Owens Delvopment K04 Hybrid. How long you reckon i need to break in the turbo??? Cause i am dying to floor it but kept holding back for fear of damage to the turbo....

btw, i got it brand-new....Any advise here??

Cheers

mr X:hubbahubba:

Best thing to do is phone Owen`s Development and go by what they say but as far as i know turbo`s don`t need bedding in etc as everything floats on oil. Just make sure the oil is heated properly then drive it how you like as the turbo will either work or blow up.

Best thing to do is phone Owen`s Development and go by what they say but as far as i know turbo`s don`t need bedding in etc as everything floats on oil. Just make sure the oil is heated properly then drive it how you like as the turbo will either work or blow up.

Thanks for the tip mate..... Cause i was told by some that it's good to bed the charger first to 1000Km.BTW, is there a need to change the engine oil after bedding the turbo charger(after 1000km)?

Thanks again devonmikeyboy

As with all new parts, they will be needing warmed up and broke in a bit - I would do a few hundred miles in it at least, let it come to temperature and let it cool down properly after use over the next number of weeks. Just leave the engine running 5/10mins after you have come to a stop or ended your journey to give it a chance to cool down properly

The best advice was given in the first reply by devonmikeyboy: Talk to Owen Developments. It is their turbo, so take their advice :)

Thank you all for your advise... Just received an e-mail form Owen Development Technical advisor.. Was told there no need to bed in the new Hybrid Turbo but am told to boost it max to 1.4 bar only...

My next question is currently i am on a Revo map... I have already set my boost level to the default setting of 6. Advance timing of 6 and Fuel setting of 7.(For those who is on Revo map will understand this..No offence to others)

With these settings my max boost was @ 2 bar...Now i am thinking whether this is safe for the Turbo-charger and my engine? (current mods. Full Miltek Exhaust , BMC CDA airbox.)

But other than these issues, I am really impress with the turbo and the spooling sound has never sounded so sweet....Felt the throttle is light and the turbo is raring to boost.....

Hope to hear your kindest advise to me

Cheers

I cant help with your question but what bhp you pushing now with the new turbo?

Love to hear a vid of it spoolin!! hint hint lol

Which stage of Revo are you running? At a guess 2?

I am sure there is a good settings thread in here which I will try and dig out.

In the mean time maybe edit your thread title to draw in the Revo tuned guys (just a thought as 'questions' is a bit vague).

In the mean time maybe edit your thread title to draw in the Revo tuned guys (just a thought as 'questions' is a bit vague).

Thanks for the tip.. Will do that and also waiting for your link of a good setting..

Cheers

I cant help with your question but what bhp you pushing now with the new turbo?

Love to hear a vid of it spoolin!! hint hint lol

Will plan a dyno session once i bed in the Charger and get the correct Revo settings..

Will than record a Vid for you..

Cheers

bro.. i am still waiting for yr links:sos::):):)

bro.. i am still waiting for yr links:sos::):):)

Sorry mate, a house move and no internet got in the way of me answering you. :)

Andy's BT Thread

Revo settings

Revo 2

Iggu is good with VAGCOM logging in conjunction with REVO software and Stealthbeast on JonnyC have both changed out the turbo, so they may be able to help.

Mate they are not turbo specific as i first thought, but there is some details of settings. I would contact REVO direct as they are very helpful and take the time to answer your questions. As it is their product they will know best.

Im running B=7, T=6, F=9 and ALWAYS VPower (99RON), with very good results, Stage 1 software only, no bolt ons, stock Turbo, and the car goes like stink.

good luck.
Paul