they tried to steal our cars again!

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I speak to you today, exactly 1 week after the 3rd attempt on my wife and I's cars.

the first time i left the car unlocked, by mistake, and they got my wallet.

2 weeks ago, I woke up at about 2am and shone a torch onto the drive and scared them away.

at 3.30 am, last sunday morning, I woke up, next to my wife, to see torch lights shining in the house. I phoned the police, handed the phone to my wife, and went downstairs to find 4 men, dressed in black covered faces just prying the dining room window open.

I then went mental with a piece of decking spindal and chased the mother-f*ckers from our house, and down the road.

one of them dropped a head torch. which contains DNA. So whoever dropped that, you're f*cked!

The police have said that as they have tried 3 times, both our Audi's have been "ordered to steal" so the will be back.

If they do, they better watch out.

I will keep you all updated on the developments.

Watch where you leave your keys. Better to leave them downstairs where thay can find them, than wake you up with a knife to your throat.

W@nkers. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what to say mate, really dont. (apart from expletives)

Where in the counytry do you live? Maybe people in the same area can keep and eye out

Jeez, thats awful, do you have an alarm on the house?

It's the problem now a days with cars being so secure they need the keys to take them now. I hope the DNA nails them before they attempt it again.

Wow, if I was you my house an its surroundings would be like fort knocks, with more flood lights then a football pitch and a large collection of mean looking dogs!

Thats awfull.

Lucky for me - i have a dog that doesnt take to kindly to strangers and my Dad owns a shotgun and i know where the keys to the gun safe are!

Hopefully, you scared them sh!tless and they wont be back and hope they get a match on the DNA so they're f*****s are sent behind bars..

Sorry to hear that mate. There are too many scum walking the streets. Lets hope the police get their finger out and find them before they try again.

i now have cctv, nightvision. motion active recording.

full on alarm systme, with police alert. And monitoring.

How stupid do they need to be. Really!!

Last edited:
I am in shock. Im so sorry to hear about this sort of thing happening so often, To boys on our forum especially. You are a brave man. I dont think I would be able to sleep and I have 4 dogs!!!

I hope this gets sorted out with no more drama for you matey

Sorry to hear Aspen .. I hope police get them before they try to steal from you again .. Keep us updated .

Thats awfull.

Lucky for me - i have a dog that doesnt take to kindly to strangers and my Dad owns a shotgun and i know where the keys to the gun safe are!

Hopefully, you scared them sh!tless and they wont be back and hope they get a match on the DNA so they're f*****s are sent behind bars..

Sorry but you get the gun out you will be behind the bars,,,,,,
they will get a small fine or a conditional discharge. Its just the way the system works...The ******** human rights are far more important than your car.

Last edited:
Just a quick word chaps, i know this is a hot subject and we all feel for him, but can we please keep the threats and language to a minimum.

It's for everyones sake.

Shocking is all I can say. Surely it would be in the polices' interest to watch your house if they are so convinced they will be back.

i know its not an option (wouldn't be if it was my car!) but ideally let them take the (a similar car?) car and see where they go with it. May catch those furthur up.

some people think i'm stupid, being paranoid about leaving my car keys lying around the house,i would wait as long as it took to catch them at it again and the results would be unbearable for them... but as previously said we'd be the ones getting jail not them scumbags. i cant wait for the revolution to happen when normal people finally get fed up and take the matter in our own hands not the powers that be. count me in its time for change

thanks everyone, our police in yorkshire are actually very good. There's a big ammount of Gene hunt in most of them.

And the CSI girl, gave us loads of advice. Then the crime prevention guy came round. Again, amazing. loads of free security stuff.

The thing I'm worried about is that if it's the gang they think it is. They alked into some blokes house the ther day in Bradfield. Stabbed him, and nicked his keys!

If they are willing to do that, what else are they willing to do?

First of all sorry to hear about this mate. Not really show what to say. Hopefully you scared the **** out of them and they wont come back or the police get a match from the DBA andcatch the little pr*ck.
Really shocked to hear about this, seems to be popping up alot only a few weeks ago a member S3 got stolen. Hope they catch them soon and they dont come back.

thanks everyone, our police in yorkshire are actually very good. There's a big ammount of Gene hunt in most of them.

And the CSI girl, gave us loads of advice. Then the crime prevention guy came round. Again, amazing. loads of free security stuff.

The thing I'm worried about is that if it's the gang they think it is. They alked into some blokes house the ther day in Bradfield. Stabbed him, and nicked his keys!

If they are willing to do that, what else are they willing to do?

Lets hope its not them mate. If so surely the polices should be offering some sort or protection or a police officer watching over the house. I hope they do catch these guys soon.
Good to see the police have been some help and given free security stuff.

Feel for you fella... had my car stolen last year. Thankfully it was my car they got, my wife was away on business and her's is a Cayman S. Which I suspect was their main target... they got in through cat flap and then got my keys... the police were hopeless (I'm in Essex) by the way and the car has still not been recovered. I'm one of several poor thuckers who was a victim of this in my village last year. The police have not solved a single theft, they don't even seem bothered. In fact, I am sure it's more than their jobs worth to investigate crimes these days.

Anyway, I've now taken a few simple steps to make my property and car more secure from these low life scum. The obvious things like locking all windows and doors from the inside... no more cat flap - the ****** either comes in when I go to bed or stays out all night! Security lighting at front and back and a monitored alarm system on the house and trackers on the cars. Unlike a lot of you, I sleep with my keys... I know some of these feckers will stop at nothing, but there's no way in to my house without tripping the alarm (it can not be disconnected either as it's a wireless system) and that'll wake me and then, whilst I have no desire to risk my life for a car, I do have a plan of action if they want to come up stairs for the keys :idea:

Whilst on the subject - you should know that most car theft is opportunist and it is quite rare that they'll risk leaving DNA or any kind of confrontation with you. They stand a much bigger risk of being caught, injured themselves and it becomes aggrevated burgulary, which carries a much higher sentence. Chances are if you fit a good house alarm, don't leave any windows or doors unlocked, then that'll do. If they want in, yes, they'll get in - but the harder you make it for the scum, the less likely they are to try... and if they are stupid enough to try, again, have a plan thought out on what you will do... but don't risk your life if it comes to it ...

Last edited:
We have installed auto lighting, and colour CCTV with night vision capability. Our alarm system is wireless and linked to BT's homelink system. All sensors sound through a box in the bedroom announcing which sensor has been tripped with a vocal announcement.

The car is garaged and 'Revo anti-thefted' each night.

I can't do any more than that, but I'm always mindful that if I do anything beyond reasonable defensive force that I become the criminal. The law in the UK is a farcical joke, so I felt compelled to get as much security as I needed. Looks a bit overkill by comparison to other houses on our road, but then better safe than sorry. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best is my motto.

i would consider a taser gun if you are worried for your safety but don't want to accidentally kill the bloke, you could detain him with a taser aswell till the coppers came

Holy crap. I feel for you. I don't know what else to say.
I'm surprised I don't hear of this more around here since Bentley is based in Crewe and most employees are offered or able to get a 'company car' type lease with any VAG group car, so there are a lot of high spec Audis around this area.

Scumbags, hope they get what's coming! This sort of thing seems to be on the increase by the looks, we've had pikeys (yes, proper ones) casing the houses on our street. One was challenged by a neighbour and spouted some crap about being a contractor etc etc. They have no respect, and no fear it seems!
A guy I know up on the north Norfolk coast had pikeys break into his house and nick the keys to his S3. It was recovered, just stolen to joyride in, but grubby and stank of fags and pikeys when he got it back. His wife didn't want to drive it after that, so he sold it.
As a result, and for general peace of mind when we're away, I've decided to get an alarm system fitted to the house- a mate of mine is a locksmith, quote should be coming in today or tomorrow. He works in the Peterborough/Cambridge area, if anyone needs a quote or advice.
I do keep a dive knife in the bedroom too, but would prefer not to have blood all over the carpets!

PS- anyone seen the series 'Dexter'?

Si

wow 4 guys ballied up ...scary id of crapped myself
just get a couple of dogs mate i would i myself had my car stolen we've got another and still live in the same place Ive alarms all windows if one goes off I'm armed to the teeth ..and will die before they get this one but tbh i don't think i will unless they had a gun ...il just use extreme violence i don't care if i go inside , if the law wont do there job then il do it for em , by the way I'm not telling you to go for them if your tough and think you can then fair enough ...

but i do feel for you i had countless nights not sleeping it really mashes you up mentally , but i just tell myself to get on with it ...

ps i hope they catch them or another tony martin the farmer dude kills them , that would be the icing on the cake