Few Questions..

jamz

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the following questions:
- can the daytime running LED headlamps on the facelift 58 reg S3 fit straight onto an 06 reg S Line A3? If not would it fit if it had xenon lamps beforehand?
- what is the difference between the 06 A3 Quattro S Line and the 06 A3 Quattro S Line Special Edition? What extra is included?
- can you fit an S3 rear valance to an A3 S Line?

Thanks very much
Jamz

Hi Jamz Welcome to the forum.

Any photo's of the car?

Regarding running led fittinmg a pre-facelift A3 like yours. Technically yes it is possible but its gonna cost well over £3k to get every thing installed and painted. Read these two threads:

Will the 2009 facelift S3 front end fit a pre-facelift S3?
http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=61545
Will the 2009 facelift LED A3/S3 headlights fit a pre-facelift?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65271

Yes you can fit the S3 lower valance to your A3 just need to mod a few clips and it will fit.
Thanks
Ashley

Ah right thanks for the info mate. The A3 I'm after is This
It doesnt come with xenons as standard. Shame =(
Cheers again mate,
:happy:

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the following questions:
- can the daytime running LED headlamps on the facelift 58 reg S3 fit straight onto an 06 reg S Line A3? If not would it fit if it had xenon lamps beforehand?
- what is the difference between the 06 A3 Quattro S Line and the 06 A3 Quattro S Line Special Edition? What extra is included?
- can you fit an S3 rear valance to an A3 S Line?

led headlamps on 06 car is a no unless you have 3-5k to upgrade the whole front end & xenon beforehand is irrelevant, its a completely different front end so headlights pre 08 facelift xenon or not wont make difference.

SLine SE, never heard of that spec car as SE is not usually associated with SLine, its usually SE, Sport & SLine as spec levels

Valance from S3 onto sline should go straight on tbh as it uses the same bumper upper part, minor modding maybe needed but I fitted an Sline valance to my sport & that required a fair bit modding to clips & some cable ties but looks oem now & wont budge so safe as

Benskin yeah the 2.0Ts are very rare and no I'm not going to get that cos I have my eye on THIS
Could anyone tell me if this is a bargain?
As for the Special Edition S Line I have no idea about it either, the trim levels seem so endless! Theres the S Line Quattro, then S Line FSI, then S Line SE (which isn't actually the trim level SE, it stands for Special Edition)
I THINK the Special Edition has black headlining? Or is that an optional extra?
Meh, so confusing..
As for the valance, NHN I hope you're right cos as soon as I get an S Line I'm going straight to the Audi garage and getting myself an S3 valance. I can't stand the rounded bottom of the standard S Line valance, makes the back of the car look fat and round!

There seems to be some confusion around regarding SE and Special Edition.

I'm pretty sure the two are different.

On 8P1 and 8P2 A3s there was a standard trim level. From that you could upgrade to SE or Sport. They had different options, for example Cruise Control was standard on the SE but an noption on the Sport. From the Sport you could upgrade to S-Line.

In 2006/07 you could get an A3 (8P2) S-Line Special Edition. Wot I have just bought. Over the S-Line stuff you get Privacy Glass and the full leather seats (as opposed to part leather/part cloth, I think).

Being a saddo, I've just got the brochure from ebay I hope applies to my model. I'm going to have a look over lunch and will post back if I have any more info.

As regards price, when I was looking for an A3 2.0T Sportback DSG I reckoned on taking a nominal base price new of 22,000 and knocking off 100 quid for every month old and 100 quid for every 1,000 miles. This would give me a base price from an Audi main dealer. So yours would be about 13,600 from an Audi dealer. But it does have the Sat nav and Acoustic rear parking that are extras.

Just looked in my brochure from ebay:

"Edition 1. 04/06
2007 Model Year".

S line Special Edition (in addition to S line model trim)

Seat centres, side sections, head restraints and door inserts in Vienna leather upholstery.

I've had a quick look through the Options list and that seem to be the only difference. The Privacy Glass is listed as an option.

A 2.0T FSI 3 door manual was 18,290 RRP in VAT.
Add 2,000 for the Sport trim 20,290 RRP inc VAT
Add a further 1,550 S line trim 21,840 RRP inc VAT
Listed price of 2.0T S line Special Edition 21,015 RRP inc VAT

Benskin yeah the 2.0Ts are very rare and no I'm not going to get that cos I have my eye on THIS
Could anyone tell me if this is a bargain?
As for the valance, NHN I hope you're right cos as soon as I get an S Line I'm going straight to the Audi garage and getting myself an S3 valance. I can't stand the rounded bottom of the standard S Line valance, makes the back of the car look fat and round!

Looks nice and not bad price but i'd try and get it done a bit as i picked up a 2006 (56 plate) A3 2.0tfsi s-line s-tronic with 21k and one owner and Audi warranty up for believe it was £13k. Had quitea few extra's aswell.
But it does look pretty nice mind

This is a nice car, almost identical to mine except mine is an 05. I'd say you could get it a quite a bit cheaper then advertised. Apparently current Glass's Guide book price for an 05 S Line quattro is £9,350 (I think this will be the Trade price) so it won't be hugely different for a 55 plate.