Sold My A3 Today :S

kaz219

Reaction score
Notsure whether im happy or sad but the bad news is that its gone and the good news is i got £10,000 for it. Paid £10,500 for it in June 2008 so didnt do too bad at all given the current market!

Was a 2004/54 A3 2.0 TDI S-Line DSG with 63k, FSH and quite a decent spec!

She was mint - only 2 scratches on the whole car and 2 stone chips - had the PDR guys out the other month too so paintwork was spot on. Few pics of it (as i didnt really post any lol):

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

She was pretty much trouble free bar the turbo and Intake Manifold Flap and a good motor - sure it will bring a a few yers of trouble free motoring to the new owner!

As with most car sales, got a few pieces left over that will be in the clasifieds but they include:

S3 Mirror Covers (Genuine) - £110
R32/LCR/S3 345m Front and Rear Calipers (complete with pads/discs/pipes) - £450
ST3 Remap Control Thingy - Offers :S
2.0 TDI Newly Recond turbo (ended up with 2) - £300 (with warranty)
Also have a spare egr/manifold/injectors/sump/temp sender switch if anyones interested - Ask for prices.

Also have a few more pieces so keep an eye on the classifieds!
While im here, thought Id say a big thanks to all you guys! :beerchug:
Saved me a good lowd of money which you guys kindly spent for me on mods! lol. But managed to stay minimum with the mods as most of the stuff just lay in my bedroom and then i sold and some were removed before the sale!

Now - What to buy next :S lol

Last edited:
Why did you sale? I was gonna say never really saw any pics, well done on losing £500 in 1 year in a recession, good work man.....look forward to whats next

Buy an S3 mate! :s3addict:

Nice car and a great sale price! :thumbsup:

well done for getting 10k, there are loads for a lot less on autotrader, I paid 9k for mine over a year ago same year and less miles! Black ones always sell well though!

Why did you sale? I was gonna say never really saw any pics, well done on losing £500 in 1 year in a recession, good work man.....look forward to whats next

There wasnt really a reason. I didnt really get bored of her either - i just put her up at a price which i was happy with to let her go and she sold.

Its always the case, when you desperate for something, it never happens but when your not really fussed and have that "not really *****" attitute - they fly. lol

Next on the cards - not sure but it has to be Petrol and a manual - miss the high revs and clutch!

Buy an S3 mate! :s3addict:

Nice car and a great sale price! :thumbsup:

Good advice Leon...;)

Would Love a S3 right now but even though i can get insured on a RS4 for £2100, no one will insure me on a S3 :S Insurance companies are confusing as surely the RS4 is higher risk than a S3 :S

And plus, with my budget, Id probs get a low spec one and i need those bucket seats in my life! S3 may be as the car after this :D

well done for getting 10k, there are loads for a lot less on autotrader, I paid 9k for mine over a year ago same year and less miles! Black ones always sell well though!

Thanks mate. I remember when you bought yours and i sh!t myself at the price you paid thinking i overpaid... But in my area, there was only 2 cheaper in a 100miles radius. Even if you search for "Audi A3 2.0 TDI S Line DSG" on eBay mines the only one that comes up so there must have been extra demand. lol

10k is a pretty dam good price! Car looks like in perfect condition from the pics!

How many miles did your car have before you sold it ?

Hmmmm, maybe you could go for one of them BMW E46 coupe's. The M Sports look niceeeee!

A3 TDi's are dull so the beemer must be especially dull!

Dull would depend on whats inside it Lee, I dont consider mine dull & hybrid turbo in box awaiting me to fit, now weathers cooled in Italy I can stay out side longer to do it, so we'll see if its any closer to dull when thats on, lol.

& yes Jase (aka Voorhees) lobster time again, even though I seem to be developing a base tan, oh no thats just dirt, lol.

I liek my A3!

It wa quick but because it didnt rev very high - you did feel you were going slower than you were but it was a good motor. Would have loved to Hybrid mine but insurance wasnt on my side as it is.

Not too keen on the beamers if im honest. Driven the current and previous M3s and they're monsters!!! but thristy too.

I need something thats quick, not too bad on juice and reliable for under the £15k mark.

For the min, just going to be using my Accord Type R and hopefully, something will pop up soon!

Kaz glad to see you got a good price on the car. I can remember you telling me a few weeks back you were thinking about selling her. WAsnt sure if you were going to or not. In the photo car looks wkd really clean and decent example. Come on mate cant yo ugive us a hitn on what your thinking about getting? Another golf?