EM TuningSky Insurance

Adjusting Adaptive Xenon headlights for European Driving

If, like me, you have the new Adaptive Xenon headlights the proceedure using VAG-COM for adjusting these for driving in mainland Europe is slightly different from the normal Xenons.

With normal Xenons you Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption and change Channel 10 from 0 to 1.

With Adaptive Xenons you again Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption but then you need to change Channel 23 from 0 to 1.

If you do not have access to VAG-COM it is something that will have to be done by a dealer using their VAS 5051 diagnostic equipment.

I have now updated my notes in the following post in the FAQs accordingly.

8P Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
    Last edited by h5djr; 19th August 2009 at 07:26.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello,
    Not sure if you can help me
    I had a bump to the passenger side of my audi a4.
    it caused damage to bumper wing and headlight
    the headlight I have is a Xenon Adaptive headlight. I am looking for a second hand one as Audi want £1200 for a new one
    I have come across a seller in Germany who has one but as it in Europe it is a right hand side drive

Would you know if this would be compatible in the UK and will be ready to fit and go.. Do I need to program?

Thanks