Replacement Tyres

uilleam

Reaction score
Can anyone advise what tyres I should fit to my A3 1.9 dti. I need 4 new tyres and dont want to fit Mitchelin. Looked at etyres and they have some good deals.:blackrs4:

Iv,e just replaced my pirelli,s as one shredded on me but i had a very hard ride and lots of roadnoise with them,ive put goodyear f1 eagles asymetrics on and its like driving a new car well worth the price cheers Ian

I think everyone will think different things about tyres. The Vredisteins have great reviews on that site and I can find them for £88! Not fitted of course.

has anyone considered uniroyal rainsport 3's? seen some good reviews

Fitted 4 Vredisteins last week, Supply fit balance and tracking (Quattro) £449 all in,
Last set Vredisteins had done 20k so all round I think a very good tyre.

Rgds Tom

I had 4 new Dunlop SP Sport MAXX 225/45x17 fitted to my previous A3. I bought them through www.blackcircles.com and they arranged for them to be fitted by their nearest local agent.

Total cost including new valves and balancing was £383.53

falkens 452... i put them on recently and recommend them. 350 quid all in. a lot grip and nice shape.

Thanks guys
I had narrowed my choice down to Conti Premium Contact 2 or Sport Contact 2 and Bridgestone Potenza RE040 or ER300. Now I will have to go and look at the other makes mentioned above. I am looking for good rain tyres with low road noise.

I've recently been looking around for new ones myself and from the searches I did the Dunlop Direzza Z1's seem to be getting really good reviews. Only issue with them is that being a high performance tire the tread life is probably rather anti-climatic. I believe they have a tread wear rating of 200. The tests of them that I have seen show that they are great in dry conditions and barely loose any traction in the wet... may be worth looking into.

I found this comparison pretty decent.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...res_take_on_the_michelin_ps2-comparison_tests