Stage 2 on my 2.0tdi

that is the turbodynamics stage 2 turbo

ive had one of those but it blew up after about 6k miles.....they blame bad mapping but who knows..

mine has a different new but similar hybrid turbo, decat downpipe to increase spool-up time, low resistance exhaust (back box probably a good idea, middle one is just because...), panel filter and oem airbox mod, along with custom remap and custom dsg software to keep the turbo more into its working band during normal driving.

if you have a manual gearbox then you will need a clutch upgrade - the dsg is good for about 500-520nm which is about the max that this stage 2 kit produces with normal tuning.
you will love

yep its a TD turbo and comes with a 12month warranty, so should be ok, fingerscrosses. the company say they can map the software to suit the standard clutch and will also have to limit the torque so it doesnt kill it. They also recommend a Sach clutch and flywheel at £950!! is this the a good clucth? also any good cheaper versions?:icon_thumright:

that is the turbodynamics stage 2 turbo

ive had one of those but it blew up after about 6k miles.....they blame bad mapping but who knows..

yep its a TD turbo and comes with a 12month warranty, so should be ok, fingerscrosses. the company say they can map the software to suit the standard clutch and will also have to limit the torque so it doesnt kill it. They also recommend a Sach clutch and flywheel at £950!! is this the a good clucth? also any good cheaper versions?:icon_thumright:
There is no point fitting the hybrid turbo if they are going to keep the torque below 300lb as most basic remaps will take the torque to 290ish lb. If they know what they are doing when mapping the turbo they should be able to get a smooth torque curve which will help to preserve the clutch but if your fitting a hybrid to a diesel to get your money`s worth an uprated clutch will need to be fitted at some stage. If they people want to sale you a Sachs clutch and flywheel at £950 i guess they are wanting to sale you a SMF not a DMF which isn`t needed. Sachs and Helix are the two main uprated clutch manufactures both of which are very good. Just make sure you get a clutch with an organic disc fitted and stick with the DMF.