Thread Prefix System - How it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what would work :yes:
Make the S3 owners put S3 next to S3 specific posts and leave the rest of us in peace :yes: working on the theory that if its not marked S3 specific it must be 8P anyway ! I think the outcome would be that very few posts would be S3 specific anyway if they were tagged for their content rather than just as S3 owners post as is happening at the moment.r.

Last edited:
It certainly is becoming laughable yes. Especially when a member says they don't even notice or care about the pre-fixes and then seems to spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about them.

The poll will go live tomorrow.

why bother creating a new poll. you already know the result will be that people don't like it and then you'll come back to this thread and explain to everybody in simpler terms why you think it is such a good idea. people don't just agree with your argument because you keep telling the same thing using different words.

I don't post here much so some of you will probably say my opinion doesn't count for much, but I do read regularly and have found all this 8P\S3 and 8P1\2\3 stuff to be ridiculous. Whoever came up with those ideas deserves a public flogging. If you want to separate out the 8P and S3 stuff then create a new S3 specific forum and keep everybody happy. People who want to be all superior about their S3s can stay in their S3 section and everybody else can do as they wish. Why not rebrand the whole forum as WhatDoYouMeanYouDontHaveAnS3-HowDareYou.net and be done with it.

I recently got a Mk6 GTI as a company lease and I've been reading loads of forums looking for advice on mods and tuning options and I've found the moderation much better on other forums such as VAGOwners.co.uk, mkvgti and VAGFans.com. They don't seem to be as keen to stifle free speech if a member says something they don't agree with.

keep up the good work lads!

It certainly is becoming laughable yes. Especially when a member says they don't even notice or care about the pre-fixes and then seems to spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about them.

The poll will go live tomorrow.

lol... You have a (very small bit of a) point there. :)
But don't get it twisted, I do care about it all though :wub:, just don't really notice the prefixes anymore.
Would still prefer them gone though. It can get quite tiring ignoring things!

For me it was a lot to do with principle and the logic (or lack of it) of the argument, as you'll see from the majority of my posts on the subject.

Basically, this is a chat forum, so I'm just chatting.... about something I have an opinion on. :hi:

Ah well we need a prefix for "just chatting" then :yes:

why bother creating a new poll. you already know the result will be that people don't like it and then you'll come back to this thread and explain to everybody in simpler terms why you think it is such a good idea. people don't just agree with your argument because you keep telling the same thing using different words.

I don't post here much so some of you will probably say my opinion doesn't count for much, but I do read regularly and have found all this 8P\S3 and 8P1\2\3 stuff to be ridiculous. Whoever came up with those ideas deserves a public flogging. If you want to separate out the 8P and S3 stuff then create a new S3 specific forum and keep everybody happy. People who want to be all superior about their S3s can stay in their S3 section and everybody else can do as they wish. Why not rebrand the whole forum as WhatDoYouMeanYouDontHaveAnS3-HowDareYou.net and be done with it.

I recently got a Mk6 GTI as a company lease and I've been reading loads of forums looking for advice on mods and tuning options and I've found the moderation much better on other forums such as VAGOwners.co.uk, mkvgti and VAGFans.com. They don't seem to be as keen to stifle free speech if a member says something they don't agree with.

keep up the good work lads!

I genuinely don't know what the result would be actually. And if the members want rid of then that's fine, I'll accept that.

I find that I have to keep coming and saying the same things because people keep raising the same points over and over even though I have already answered them.

I have in no way stood here an said that this system is the best thing since sliced bread. I haven't said that it'll stay no matter what anyone else thinks. I also haven't said that anyone is an idiot for thinking otherwise. If you read this thread back anyone would think I was denying people of one of their basic human rights.

I, and others, like the prefixes. It makes my experience of ASN better. But others don't agree with that it seems.

I would love an S3 sub-forum myself but that's not the discussion here. Nobody is saying that S3 owners are superior. It's just that the S3 is a different model and has MANY unique features/parts/modifications/tuning options and it was an idea to try and separate them somehow as it's the most common car that's modified to any length. Either in a sub-forum or, so as to not disrupt the forum too much, by the use of the prefixes. This entire forum has about 16,000 active members right now so so I fail to see how you deduce that we want it to become an S3 forum!

Perhaps you're just jumping on the exaggeration bandwagon that seems so popular of late.

I came up with the idea of having a method of distingushing between the 3 versions of the A3 after having seen MANY threads where there was confusion. I posed the question in a thread and it became quite a popular idea. It's not some sort of law and no one is forcing anyone to use the terms. All I was trying to do was help people out. If the idea died a death then so be it. No skin off of my nose. I'm amazed that you consider those the actions of a fool though. Are you not one for helping others?

Yet again someone thinks we're stifling free speech! And again I have to point out that this thread exists because we want to hear that free speech! :keule:

Slightly off topic. One thing I think needs changing with the search function is the 30second wait in between searches. Ive lost count of the amount of times ive had to wait to search again

Status
Not open for further replies.