Badger5Chris Nott
    Pedal to the Metal!!!

Status

Bluetooth for Iphone 3GS ramdomly disconnecting???

Hey all,
    I had my a3 rnse installed with the latest OEM Bluetooth handsfree (module) kit. I linked my new iphone 3GS upto it no problems. However on a regular day to day basis the system whilst driving the car will bong and tell me BT off/disconnected. I will then have to manually reconnect the phone. Why is this? Its sooooo annnoying!!!!

I will try removing the phone from the cars memory and see what effect that has. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Staz; 16th August 2009 at 10:24.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I am also getting exactly this with a 3GS.
    It was perfectly stable on my old iPhone 3G sigh.

2nd Gear

Status
    Could be a setting in the ipod 3g s to disconnect the BT after a certain amount of time during no activity to save battery?

that's just a thought though...
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have the same exact problem with my 3GS! I checked the iPhone settings and could not find anything about shutting off bluetooth. Mine connects, then after a minute or two disconnects and then after a minute or two reconnects. Annoying x2!

2nd Gear

Status
    I think its just a case of subtly different bluetooth chipset on the 3GS. Hopefully iPhone OS 3.1 may help? (Due pretty soon)

More chance of Apple helping out because as far as I know nobody has ever managed to flash update an Audi module? Maybe dealers can if pushed? - but generally classed as a hardware number revision when all they obviously do is alter the firmware within?

Always seems a bit silly when things like Fiscon can easily be updated by the end user...
    Last edited by phil_w; 16th August 2009 at 07:09.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Mines started doing this too, has anybody solved it yet?
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Mines started doing this too, has anybody solved it yet?
    And me - it's really starting to pi** me off! never happened in my 1st gen IPhone! wHY OH WHY DOES IT DO IT?!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Same problem here with my 3GS and 3.1.2 OS

g.
    A3 2.0TDI S-Tronic Sline '06
    Upsolute Stage 3 / Turbo Dynamics MDX481 Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo/ Milltek downpipe
    108.000 miles so far...

From Madrid, Spain
    Now in Paris

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I assume you've all removed pairing, then re-paired the units as had this on my tocco ages, until removed pairing then re-paired, also silly but try to change the pair code with vagcom on audi BT unit, then re-pair, stupid things can make differences, check to make sure authorisation in the 3GS BT settings is always given, see if remote sim is enabled as mine seemed to be better with this on.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    I have a HTC Touch HD running Windoze mobile. I have precisely the same problem using the latest Audi bluetooth kit (fitted 1 month ago).

It may be the bluetooth kit then.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I don't think it's the BT car kit. Mine is from 2006 and I have never been this kind of problem with my old Iphone 3G

g.
    A3 2.0TDI S-Tronic Sline '06
    Upsolute Stage 3 / Turbo Dynamics MDX481 Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo/ Milltek downpipe
    108.000 miles so far...

From Madrid, Spain
    Now in Paris

Reverse Gear

Status
    My 3G does this as well, This is also my 3rd iphone 3g that I have used on the kit and it still does it so dont think it is anything do with repairing etc. I think it must be the phone because whe3n it disconnects, i check my iphone and it is dead with just a black screen until it then reconnects with the BT but then it just says searching and takes a minute or two to get signal back again. Very Strange!
    Audi S3 8P3 Sportback S-Tronic, Phantom Black, RNS-E, Bose, Panoramic Sun Roof, Privacy Glass.