Iphone and AUX-IN socket..

jacky

Audi newb!
Reaction score
Can you play music off your iphone by connecting it to the AUX-IN socket in the car??.. just like a normal ipod.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine doesn't work with it. iPod Touch does but not iPhone.

I have a aux in on my other car and it works fine - finding a lead which fits the iphone is going to be a challenge though...

Mine does - I have the first gen. I bought this jobbie from Maplins for about £12 I think, although not great as the connection is not that secure, sounds fine though!

should work fine, theres no difference between the two ipods

As long as the headphone outlet isnt setup in such a way it wont output sound unless an apple headset with proprietory wiring then should work just fine with normal jack socket on each end, note though the aux in socket is a very low level compared to radio/cd/mp3 so might require higher volume levels & remember when swapping back to radio etc to lower volume, gets me everytime, lol.

Works with my iphone 3G.
You just need to connect it with a 3.5mm audio lead (male to male).
You have to play the music via the iphone and make sure the iphone volume and stereo volume is high enough to hear it.

Its an auxillary, very basic auxillary point to point, should work every time providing the cable is not f****d, or either auxillary port is not stuffed.

Did you know you can use your iPhone as hands free when connected to the auxillary? The phone call is played out of your speakers and the mic on the iPhone is good enough to pick up your voice even when it is sat on the passenger seat.
Cheaper option than Bluetooth and works at 70mph on the motorway too..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a true its a cheap mod if you know how to fit, but interms of usability, safe wise when driving, certainly not & its not auto switching for calls, requires switching inputs manually & the aux level is lower than the other sources so would have t raise volume to hear better, personally I wouldnt recommend but hey when its £20 or so for parts to fit against £3-400 then cant argue that one.