170 TDi Post remap flat spots

martin 25th

Reaction score
I have looked through the forum but cant find an answer to my problem

We have had our 2008 170TDi Sline for less than a week, and after coming from an BMW E46 M3 found it lacking in the performance stakes, so a remap was in order

I had this done on tuesday, the car drives fine in 1st and 2nd gear pulling far better than before but in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th the car pulls fine until 3000rpm after that it hesitates and goes flat then pulls a little then flat then pulls a little and so on all the way past 4000rpm, its the same if i accelerate from say 50mph in 6th it hesitates pulls hesitates pulls and so on

Has anyone had any similar issues with their cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who did your remap ?

Its certainly not normal to behave like this, a good remap will provide plenty of urge right up to 4,500 then gradually tail off.

Take it back to the mapper and get some data logging done, your car will be fitted with the DPF so a silly question but is the car used for long journeys as if predominantly short journeys the DPF can clog

Yep take the car back and get them to map it properly or get a refund and get i remapped by somebody who knows how to map the car properly. Care to name and shame the company you used ?