2.0 TDI cam belt change

matbomb

Reaction score
My GF's car has 36k on the clock and will be 4 years old in November.

Does anyone know when the belt is due to be changed? And do you just get the belt done or do you have to change tensioners etc....??

How much for the kit/belt ish and how many hours should a garage charge for a change?

sorry for all the questions but I just don't know and don't want to be ripped off.....:noway:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got a little while left before you have to do yours.
Audi recommend 50-60k (can't remember exactly which) or 5 years, which ever comes first.

When you do get it done, best to change the lot... belt, tensioners (aka cambelt kit)... and get the waterpump done as well.

If you want peace of mind and would prefer to get it done early....
at the moment all Audi dealers are doing a deal, £329 labour and parts for cambelt kit. Add a waterpump and they should quote no more than £400 all in.

I had mine done at my local Audi two weeks ago and it cost me £399 for the lot.

The 2.0 TDI belt change according to the hand book is 80kmiles or 5 years.
Audi do have promotion on at moment for £329 to change belt/ tensioner.
Most people change the water pump aswell ,as it only few quid more, and easy to do while the engine dis-mantled.

Regards.
ScottB

I read somewhere that Audi has recently reduced the 80k recommended mileage.

Anyway, judging by your 36k after 4 years, I would guess you'll hit the 5 year mark before the mileage mark, whatever that might be.

My dealer said cambelt is due next service which my DIS says is 12k time Which will make it 74k when done.

My dealer said cambelt is due next service which my DIS says is 12k time Which will make it 74k when done.

6k before the debatable 80k limit is cutting a bit fine if you ask me.
How old is your car? And how long do you reckon it'll take you to do those 12k miles?

Seems like there is no definite answer to how many miles, just an estimate of between 60k and 80k.
The only thing that seems definite is that it is 5 years.... as long as your car has done less than 60k (or 80k) by then?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Had my cambelt changed a couple of weeks ago with water pump. Had it done at York Audi and was £375 inc VAT. Mine was on around 74k miles.

Hi,
I think its due at 60k.

I have just asked Stoke Audi to quote for a cambelt change with water pump (as the online price doesn't indicate whether the water pump is included, although the labour should be zip)

I also asked if they can quote for fitting a different bumper, fogs etc (s line up grade)
so we'll see.

Trying to get a nil labour if I buy all the parts from them. Seems fair.

I phoned customer services and a couple of dealers about this a few weeks ago.
4 cyliinder TDi's are due at 75k (even though the book does say 80k)
I was checking because one of my service receipts from Preston Audi has "...cambelt due at 75000 miles..." written across the top.

Mines just toppled 5 years old now.
Its on its original cambelt but its only done 28k.
How urgently should i get mine done?

I should've included in the above that for the 4cyl 2.0TDi its 75k or 5 years.
Phone up and check for your particular model/engine.

Heres a spanner in the works

A4 Tdi 2.0 from 2013 - jsut asked my main Audi garage and they say its only needed at 140k .....

ahw jesus, dudnt even realise it was that old! But, still, my car is a 2013 so hopefully the information will help someone else!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove