RNS-E - Anyone purchased from this Guy ?

Spin140

Reaction score
I lost the bid on yet another RNS-E last week on E-bay but have contacted the seller and he is willing to sell me a unit direct, going to pay via paypal and he has a 100% rating but wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of before I paypal him.

His E-bay ID is Navworld-44

He is located in Hamburg, Germany - all seems genuine.

Cheers Spin

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought mine from ABCShop85.

Got everything I expected, but has some recent 'interesting feedback' from a French buyer accusing him of being a thief.

Personally I thought it was a little odd when his profile is set up as being based in the UK, but then the parcel arrived from Germany (can't remember whether it was Hamburg or Berlin). Names on Paypal accounts and the senders name bore no relation whatsoever.

Underneath I am horribly concerned that the regular availabilities may be fuelling some sort of crime somewhere (i.e. from theft of units from cars in Germany), but keep my fingers crossed that if it was that apparent it would be being tracked by the system (therefore hoping its a purely legitimate business).

How can you tell? Either way, what's done is done, and I can't change that now.

How many feedbacks has he got? That'd be the deciding factor for me.

I tried finding him on ebay but I don't seem to be able to find an option to search for a member :think:

Underneath I am horribly concerned that the regular availabilities may be fuelling some sort of crime somewhere (i.e. from theft of units from cars in Germany), but keep my fingers crossed that if it was that apparent it would be being tracked by the system (therefore hoping its a purely legitimate business).

How can you tell? Either way, what's done is done, and I can't change that now.

I wonder that sometimes too. I think we've been lucky the toe-rags haven't started nicking units from UK cars!

I must admit I had the same thought with so many 'used' examples appearing on the bay but its difficult to tell.

This Guy has been a member since Jan 09 with 80 sales and 100% feedback, his paypal e-mail matches his e-bay user name and his buisiness address is listed alongside his name so hopefully legit as I really want to do this upgrade not from need but from desire.

Think I'll take the plunge unless something negative comes along.

How much would you pay for 2nd hand RNSE?

I've been hanging out for a chrome button version, this Guy is charging £500 delivered and including..

GPS antenna
Plug, play harness
Code Card
Radio Antenna Adapter
User Manual (PDF)
4 x removal Keys

On the older type it would have to be immaculate and the price tempting.

I've been thinking of this myself for one of the 08/09 sat nav units for the A4. Trim the surround down a little so it will fit the 8l S3. Hazzydayz will do it for £850 all in all but thats a lot of money. £500 to do it myself and a few beers for someone with VAG-COM might be a better solution.

If you do go ahead with the purchase will you let me know how it went mate? I'd want the 6 CD changer unit too. (Not the magazaine unit.)

Anyone have the retrofit guide that included trimming down the surrounds? I've been searching for days and I can't find the exact guide I was looking for. Found many threads and guides but not exactly the detailed one I was looking for previously.

Well I'll let you know how I get on but payment sent so fingers crossed, all does look legit with names & address matching both E-bay, personal mail and Paypal.

I'm quite excited now, having it delivered to work to avoid any questions from the other half, do you think she will notice ?!?

All I need now is a set of S3 buckets and I have my dream S3.

Never buy direct with paypal, you have no protection whatsoever, you may get your unit ok, but you have no way to claim if you dont use ebay, trust me veteran of bay since 01, even though ebay & paypal are complete tossers anyway for claims etc they will honour the original payment should it not arrive etc, however they would never refund your return costs which could be £50 should it be damaged on arrival or wrong item, hand many arguments with them, they're ********* for sure, but always when using paypal buy through ebay, that way its covered for majority of your purchase costs, its not worth the risk even if you're lucky to deal with someone honest.

Good luck.

Never buy direct with paypal, you have no protection whatsoever, you may get your unit ok, but you have no way to claim if you dont use ebay, trust me veteran of bay since 01, even though ebay & paypal are complete tossers anyway for claims etc they will honour the original payment should it not arrive etc, however they would never refund your return costs which could be £50 should it be damaged on arrival or wrong item, hand many arguments with them, they're ********* for sure, but always when using paypal buy through ebay, that way its covered for majority of your purchase costs, its not worth the risk even if you're lucky to deal with someone honest.

Good luck.

I second this.

Paypal purchase - ebay = a big no no :noway:

Also, I notice he doesn't have any units listed at the moment. He's in the game of selling units so if he has one to sell you why is it not listed??
Stealing to order maybe???

Dunno, seems a bit risky to me.

Hope it all works out ok though.

it depends how you do the purchase - if he sends you an invoice then you still have a level of buyer protection from PayPal (+even more if you make the PayPal payment with a credit card instead of a debit/bank account).

There is a little added protection with ebay purchases but realistically not much any more - the only real benefit of transacting through ebay is for the seller

Talk about missing the bus LOL !! I wish you Guys had posted sooner :)

I've already sent the paypal and I selected 'Goods' and also listed what the item was other than that I don't know what else I can do.

The problem with doing it through e-bay is would this not allow me to be outbid yet again ?

Looking at his details on E-bay and the fact that address etc is listed I doubt he is a thief, his feedback is excellent too, any suggestions, payment not recieved as I type ?

He still could've done it through ebay.... in a 'buy it now' format at the price you agreed.
He could've then sent you the link and you could complete the transaction in the normal ebay way.

I just wouldn't feel comfortable sending that amount of money to someone (in another country) via paypal with nothing else really supporting the purchase, apart from you typing what the item was.

I have managed to cancel the payment, I'll ask him via e-mail to either invoice me or put the item on e-bay with a buy it now, my paypal is linked to my credit card so I believe I get the usual protection for items £100+.

No doubt he will now tell me get lost and stop messing him about, someone sell me a unit please :(

I do appreciate the advice chaps

ebay gives around £120 protection minus something like £20 costs (at least it did when I last claimed).
Paypal gives protection for full value depending on seller status if bought through ebay and a sort of complaint procedure if bought outside of ebay, which in theory should get your money back.

In practice having tried to claim in the past on all the various schemes from ebay and paypal none of them are worth the effort, as long as you pay with your credit card use that to claim if anything goes wrong.

I lost the bid on yet another RNS-E last week on E-bay but have contacted the seller and he is willing to sell me a unit direct, going to pay via paypal and he has a 100% rating but wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of before I paypal him.

His E-bay ID is Navworld-44

He is located in Hamburg, Germany - all seems genuine.

Cheers Spin

Hi Spin,

I live near hamburg and could perhaps check out an address if you want.

Jo

Here is one for you guys... I've done a bit of research on this guy and he seems legit. Few ppl in North America bought from him and gave high praise.

http://audiforum.us/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=200&cat=6

When I contacted him about getting the chrome button unit from the 08+ models the guy said that with shipping to Canada the unit would be about $1399US. However it would be a brand new 2009 build year unit with all wireing antena and all software/firmware updated.

Hi Spin,

I live near hamburg and could perhaps check out an address if you want.

Jo

That would be useful but do not go to too much trouble.

The seller has agreed he can do through E-bay and charge me an additional £5 GBP, his e-mail is short and to the point but I'm guessing this may be due to language barriers.

His details

Navworld-44
Timo Krausse
Paul Klee St. 10
22115 Hamburg
Deutschland

Sounds very legit to me - I would be taking the plunge if it were me based on the info in this thread. Good luck !

If he's willing to do all that then go for it mate!

Here is one for you guys... I've done a bit of research on this guy and he seems legit. Few ppl in North America bought from him and gave high praise.

http://audiforum.us/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=200&cat=6

When I contacted him about getting the chrome button unit from the 08+ models the guy said that with shipping to Canada the unit would be about $1399US. However it would be a brand new 2009 build year unit with all wireing antena and all software/firmware updated.

Interesting. He's advertising units with free SDS added. How can that work if the car doesn't have a microphone? I have the MFFBSW with the 'speak' button, maybe it's in the button?

Perhaps all models come with the mic built in, I thought it was behind the interior light roof cluster but am sure someone will know.

This Guy offers great service and brand new models but due to weak euro they are still around £950 delivered, very tempting as new items but I'm not convinced I'll keep mine long enough to justify the outlay, spoke to my pal who's a sales manager at Audi though and he confirmed cars with Nav are worth approx £500 more in PX so if you buy you will get half your money back, failing that just e-bay it.