A3 2005 TDI S-Line Spare key wont work??

nazooom

Reaction score
Hi All, I recently purchased an Audi A3 2005 2ltr TDI S-Line which came with two keys, the main one works fine, remote locks and unlocks, starts engine blah blah but the spare does nothing, so i replaced the battery and still nothing.

I havent tried starting the car with the spare key as im abit para that i might kill the car emob. Is there a way to recode the spare key? or is this an Audi stealer visit?

Thanks in advance :)

using the key wont do any harm to the immob, the engine will just die after a second with the immob light staying on. The key is in 3 parts, the physical key, the remote that opens the doors & the immob that lets the car start.

It has been known for the remote to loose its memory & need to be recoded and I cant remember how LOL - something like using the working key to open car, put to 1st postion but not starting the car & then using 2nd key to lock & unlock the doors. I will see if i can find out exact procedure but you could try to google in the meantime.

Thanks for the reply, i managed to get this sorted just by opening the car door with the spare key, starting the engine and then shazam the remote locking started working :)