Car blew up!

assosman

Reaction score
Car went in yesterday to the dealers, just had a phone call from audi. It needs a new turbo and full exhaust - £3100! :sob:

Is this over the top or a reasonable price? Should I try elsewhere or will I get the same sort of quotes?

Thanks,

Scott

you could get a performance exhaust and bigger turbo for that price aswel as some nice other mods! if not try second hand parts

Its a 2.0 quatro , Ive only had it 2 months and I love it

Its a 2.0 quatro , Ive only had it 2 months and I love it

Petrol or Diesel? The quotes they gave you most of its probably labour. Audi done some work on my car last year total was just over £2k and £989 of that was labour! I'd try a few other places, or as already said upgrade the turbo, exhaust and over goodies for that price.
Did they give any reason why the turbo most of went and you need a new exhaust system?

Its a diesel , the cost of the turbo is just under £1300 and the exhaust £1100. They say it needs a new exhaust because its full of oil from the turbo blowing. So £700 will be labour. I new the turbo had gone its the exhaust that hurts..

Its a diesel , the cost of the turbo is just under £1300 and the exhaust £1100. They say it needs a new exhaust because its full of oil from the turbo blowing. So £700 will be labour. I new the turbo had gone its the exhaust that hurts..

Cost of a new turbo is right but £1100 for an exhaust is a **** take. Only thing in the exhaust that can collect oil is the CAT and rear silencer. The CAt can be cut out and removed and rear silencer can be replaced for a few hundred tops. Sounds like a typical Audi dealer trying to rape it`s customer as usual.

feel for you mate!

what about recon turbo? and im sure you should be able to fetch and exhaust from a scrappy? ebay ebay ebay! :sos: