Rear Wiper Problem 06 Audi A3 2.0 TDi se 140

Andy88

Reaction score
When i spray the jet on my rear windscreen wiper the water comes out but its more a fine dribble than a jet of water like it is blocked up with dirt. I have tried to clear the jets with a needle and also had a go at it with an air compressor but with no luck. So this afternoon i decided i would try removing the rear lid trim with the help of this guide;

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h5djr/elsawin/rear lid trim.pdf

it soon became clear that this guide was infact about as usefull as a nun having tits and had no relevance to what i was trying to do. But nevertheless i managed to remove the trim, it turns out actually all you need to do is give it 20 minutes of consistent four letter words. Now i am at the stage where i have had the motor out everything has been cleaned and i have put everything back where its ment to go and still the water is just dribbling out. Has anyone ever had this problem and managed to fix it, i know its such a small insignificant problem but i would really like to resolve it, anyhelp would be appreciated.

Oh and this is my first proper post i have been reading these forums for a week or so now and looking at some of the a3/s3's on here has given me that push to finally sort the few minor issues out with my car and get some slight mods done. :scared2:

On the A3 there is only one pump that takes care of both the front and the rear washers and that is attached to the washer fluid bottle in the engine compartment. There is a hose that runs from this to the washers jet at the back for the rear screen.

I assume your front washers work OK so either the part of the pump that takes care of the rear washer is faulty or more likely the tube from the pump to the rear jet is blocked or leaking.

As the instruction page from the Audi Workshop Manual for the A3 I posted about removing the rear panel was and I quote "about as useful as a nun having tits and had no relevance to what I was trying to do" I will leave you to find out where the where the hose runs.

I did not mean to offend you afterall you only posted it, i just assumed it would be a bit more detailed as there is much more to it than the manual shows. I did check the hose and found no leak inside the rear panel and when using the jet a can tell there is still a decent ammount of pressure behind it which is why i thought it was more likely to be blocked.

The problem is the Workshop Manual is aimed at Audi Technicians rather than Jo Public.

If the jet at the rear is not blocked then it must be either the tube or the pump. There not much else involved. You could try a replacement jet.