S3 SB Rear Lights

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was on the M62 last night and came across a SB S3 with what looked like LED rear lights, they looked amazing! After doing a bit of looking about it seems they are standard on the new facelift SB S3.

Found a sweet pic here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andwhynot/3269665946/in/set-72157612860455342/
(anymore pics would be great)

Does any one know if these would be a stright swap into my 2006 sportback and if so what parts are needed, just the rear light unit its self?

Also, any prices and part numbers? I think i have just found my next mod, as I cant seen to find a FBMFSW for decent money :whistle2:

Thanks
;)

Last month I did the swap. Have bought the LED set from Kufatec.de but I would be a good idea to also ask for a price to a local dealer, may be cheaper. Beside the lights you also need adapters and someone with a vag-com to do some adaptations.
The outer lights are plug&play, the ones on the boot lid require some diy but nothing difficult.

My avatar is with my new lights.

get the lights from the dealer at 200 quid then get the leads from kufatec ..then to fit there pretty easy look at the threads

Nice one, cheers guys!

Is it cheaper to buy the set from Kefatec or from a dealer? I might the local one a call on Monday morning :)

They look well sweet, I've got Vagcom so that should be ok! :)

I don't know where is cheaper. In my case was Kufatec. Ask a dealer about their price. Also consider that Kufatec is in DE so there will be a delivery cost on top of the price.

If you decide to buy them, after installing you have to do the following coding with the vagcom:

central electronics

coding

help with long coding

Btye 9 to Dec = 0 - as the final brake light
Byte 10 to Dec = 0 - Fog lamps as a taillight
Byte 12 to Dec = 36 - dimming rear standlight
Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active - this must be activated