MY AUDI A3 2.O TDI IS SPLUTTERING/MISFIRING ?? BETWEEN 2 & 3 THOU REVS

lee16037

Reaction score
HI can anyone help ?? my a3 is spluttering/ misfiring ?? between 2 & 3 thou revs, when you put your foot down its like it loses a bit of power then regains it constantly like a juddering effect ?? was fine the other day then put sum deisal in and jus started doin this dont no if sum crap in fuel but cant see it been this as it dont do it in first gear or when just revin it seems fine then, did fit a new ect sensor the other day but this shudnt effect it shud it :blackrs4:??

Last edited:
Mine was doing the same. After a lot of misdiagnosis, 3 different garages and no one knowing what the hell was wrong with it, Stansted Audi replaced 2 of the injectors. Runs fine now.....but the bill was about £1600 for the injectors to be fitted

Mine was doing the same. After a lot of misdiagnosis, 3 different garages and no one knowing what the hell was wrong with it, Stansted Audi replaced 2 of the injectors. Runs fine now.....but the bill was about £1600 for the injectors to be fitted

hi cheers joe but mine as gone ok for now messed with the ect sensor that i fitted and also noticed my water bottle cap was loose so thightend that up aswell it ran like crap still for about an hour then just went ok dont know if this had anything to do with it or not or just had sum crap stuck somewhere in the fuel system ?? and now its cleared, just hope it stays ok now dont fancy havin to pay out that much for injectors !! :icon_thumright: