EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Oil Change + Service in DIS - confusion!

My DIS has a seperate indication for Oil Change and Service, currently it is saying I need an Oil Change but the Service isn't due for 4k Miles.

I phoned Audi and they want 140 for Oil Change ( a lot for an Oil Change but bearable I guess ! ).

So if I get the Oil changed then take it back in 4k is the Service cheaper as they don't need to do the oil? I'm assuming the Oil is now seperate as changing it now and in 4k seems excessive to me.

In fact what do they do at the Service - just inspection and Air Filter ( not even sure they do that at 20k, the spark plugs last 60k according to the manual ).

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    Yep you have it right. If you have seperate services they do the oil change on one and then inspection service on the other, including pollen filter if you're getting close to 20k.

The price works out the same it's just that you have to go there twice, BUT your intervals are bigger so it's worth it.

Haggle on the prices and phone at least 3 places. Start with York and Milton Keynes, they were super cheap for me. Take the cheapest quote then phone your local Audi and any nearby and tell them that you work near York/MK and could just get it done there instead. Some places will match your quote, others will just say no.

For my first 2 services I've got them both for a total of 230.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    On service prices, does anyone find it a bit annoying that for cars over three years old Audi are doing deals ( 99 minor, 199 major service ) but if your car is under three years old you get fleeced!
    Last edited by s3mike; 7th August 2009 at 17:17.

Just Looking

Status
    I've just paid 196 for both services (20k) at Southampton Audi.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    I've just paid 196 for both services (20k) at Southampton Audi.
    I'll add them to my list of quoters!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Just Looking

Status
    Quite funny really Leon, the service woman quoted me 236 on the phone but went on to say that if I could find it cheaper elsewhere they'd match it. When I took the car in she asked if I'd found anywhere better. I simply replied that I was counting on here to make it cheaper so she said that the best she could manage would be 10% which I settled for so she said ok, that works out at 196 inc. (Hmm wasn't when I went to school)

Got to say though, good service and very friendly. I dropped it off at 3.30pm and picked up a 2.0 TDi A4 Cab. Mine was finished and ready for collection by 8.30pm.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3mike View Post
    On service prices, does anyone find it a bit annoying that for cars over three years old Audi are doing deals ( 99 minor, 199 major service ) but if your car is under three years old you get fleeced!
    You are not being fleeced. audi are just trying to keep their customers after the garentee runs out so offer a small discount. My Car is over 3 years old and if i didnt get cheap mot's and 15% discount on labour and spares etc i wouldnt use a main dealer....so it works.
    anyone who buys a new car is in effect getting fleeced as you put it because of the price drop as you leave the showroom and all the extra's that dont add to the second hand value...The service costs of running a new car to keep the G/T going and simply the need for the British puiblic to have the latest number plate and shape of grill !!
    My A3 is 5 years old and has an old fashioned grill. other than that its a match for any new S3 and would cost you 9k with just 35k on the clock.
    Now that is value for money
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.