Black Colour Codes - HELP!!!!

luvie

Reaction score
Hello Forum Experts

A couple of Newbies here looking for a little help on Black Colour Codes.
The MRS is looking to buy a TDI Sport around 2004 age.
But the trouble is there seems to be quite a few black's and some of the blacks looking almost Grey.
Now we Know how fussy wives are!!!!
She wants Jet black, So far we have found the following

Phantom Black
Panther Black
Ash Black
Brilliant Black

Which is the darkest and can any of you experts give a pair of novices some much needed help

Many Thanks In Advance

B&V:blackrs4:

Hi

:sign_welcome: to the forum B&V

Never heard of Ash Black or Panther Black in the Audi Ranage. Phantom Black a more metallic paint. Brilliant black flat and not metallic, so Phantom Black may be your best bet for your partner. The grey that looks almost black in Lava Grey same colour as my car in my sig below.
Hope that helps

Ashley

Last edited:
Thanks very much

So there is only 2 sorts of Black then?
Basically a Flat black or a Metalic?

TIA

hi there ,new to the forum but im sure theres ebony pearl metallic too ,mines a 2005 sport tdi , cant be sure of colour code at minute but sure its different to the other two
cheers mark

hi there ,new to the forum but im sure theres ebony pearl metallic too ,mines a 2005 sport tdi , cant be sure of colour code at minute but sure its different to the other two
cheers mark

Hi Mark

:sign_welcome: to the forum...You are correct, i just had a look in a booklet i have on the pre-facelift A3 and it does State ebony pearl. But that colour no longer used in the Audi range. Think it was only really used between 03-05 on pre-facelift A3. How you finding your 2.0tdi?
Thanks

Ashley

hi benskin ,cars fine ,its only the 1.9 bkc engine ,there was method in my madness as we use the same engine in the forktrucks I work on so makes fault finding (if ever i need it) a little easier ,bit under powered but only for the better half to thrash to work and back
They must have used it for a short while on the facelift models as mine is single grille

cheers mark

Mines Brill Black and it looks so deep when polsihed right...

It's gloss black :D

A few pics to help you out!

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00974.jpg