Number plate surrounds

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a new A3 and it was supplied by the dealer with number plate surrounds with their name on. Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the number plates from the surround and the surround from the car. I would prefer to have the plates fitted direct to the car without the surround. Mine has surrounds both front and back. There is no visable fixings on the plates so I assume they are attached with double sided sticky pads.

take the number plate off and you will see that it uses the same holes as the number plate hole...

simply rip of and re apply the number plate..

ta daaa!

It seems as though each dealer fixes the surrounds in a different way. I have now removed mine completely and have the number plates attached directly to the car.

Both surrounds are just one bit of plastic with the dealers name printed on a lip. One the front the number plate was attached with sticky pads to the surround and the surround with sticky pads and two screws into the front bumper. At the back the number plate was again attached to the surround with sticky pads and the surround to the car with two screws into bushes in the tailgate.

Both front and rear plates are now attached with just sticky pads and it looks a lot better.

I have also removed the dealer plate holders and used the number plate sticky pads to attach the plate on its own to the car........vast improvement