Hello! its my first post - What size spacer's should I get?

Dan76

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My first post on here :hi:

Will be picking up my 2006 A3 2.0T S-Line later this week having traded in my TT. Got a nipper on the way so need a little more room. Mrs has the family car so Ive managed to wangle getting a 3 door...
Having been bitten by the mod bug with the TT it hasnt taken me long to start thinking about what else i can do with the A3.
This pick is from the stealers website; what size spacers should I fit?
Any other cheap mod's recommended?

1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
depending on what your offset is on the stock wheels, I don't think you want to go any higher than 13mm... I have the stock Titanium/Black edition wheels and the offset on those is 56. With 15mm spacers that brings the offset to about 41 and the car rubbs a little bit on stock suspension. I'm afraid of what's going to happen when i lower it.

Here is a pic... 12mm H&R spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear.

DSC_0254xx1sml.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looking at Gryphon001's piccy I think I'll got for 10 at the front and 15's at the rear.

What's the PCD for 2006 A3? is it 5x112?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looking at Gryphon001's piccy I think I'll got for 10 at the front and 15's at the rear.

Wouldn't go for spacers on the front personally:no:
Yes it is 5x112 though

Good choice and yes 5x112, order from Damian @ DPM, great prices and customer service.

thanks for the quick response

@ mhill - why do you not recommend spacers at the front mate?

@ N8KOW - will do, I went to him for my old TT stuff too, very helpful :yes:

Last edited:

It is 5X112 and with the H&R ones I've taken the car to over 150 with no noticable vibrations too so they are good quality... but be prepared for a bit of rubbing in the rear with 15mm. The screw which holds the inner wheel well liner and bumper corner together has to come out for sure. In my case the rubbing persisted even with the screw removed, but not as bad as with it in there. Had 3 ppl in the car and a bit of luggage in the trunk yesterday and I only heard it rub a couple of times on really big dips in the road.

The 12mm front spacer makes the wheel look totally flush with the fender but with the 15's in the rear the fender sticks out by just a few mm. So the 10's in the front are probably a good choice, make it look more uniform.

Mind you this is all going on the assumption that you are working with stock rims with 56 offset like mine or othrwise I'm just talking crap...

Good luck.

Oh, and don't forget to make sure your wheels are torqued down propperly. I believe the propper pressure is 88 lb, or so I have been led to believe.

Last edited:
It is 5X112 and with the H&R ones I've taken the car to over 150 with no noticable vibrations too so they are good quality... but be prepared for a bit of rubbing in the rear with 15mm. The screw which holds the inner wheel well liner and bumper corner together has to come out for sure. In my case the rubbing persisted even with the screw removed, but not as bad as with it in there. Had 3 ppl in the car and a bit of luggage in the trunk yesterday and I only heard it rub a couple of times on really big dips in the road.

The 12mm front spacer makes the wheel look totally flush with the fender but with the 15's in the rear the fender sticks out by just a few mm. So the 10's in the front are probably a good choice, make it look more uniform.

Mind you this is all going on the assumption that you are working with stock rims with 56 offset like mine or othrwise I'm just talking crap...

Good luck.

Oh, and don't forget to make sure your wheels are torqued down propperly. I believe the propper pressure is 88 lb, or so I have been led to believe.

Is the rubbing because yours is lowered? or is it with standard s-line springs?

It's standard S-Line, not lowered (...yet). I think 12 or 13mm would not rub, but mine does on stock suspension. Keeping in mind that the North American S-Line springs give a ride height about 0.5" higher than the European ones.

It's standard S-Line, not lowered (...yet). I think 12 or 13mm would not rub, but mine does on stock suspension. Keeping in mind that the North American S-Line springs give a ride height about 0.5" higher than the European ones.

****** hell! lol

Thanks for that - you learn something every day :o.k:

Thanks Nav

Looking a the pics on the site, the sapecer dont look like they're Hubcentric although the description says that they are. Have you bought from them?