Hi, a new guy!

RonstarS3

Reaction score
Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone :salute:. Just got myself a 08 S3, so far so good. I recently went to Preston to see Dave Massey, mainly because there is a lot of hype surrounding these remaps. I'm a fan of keeping it original but seems there are few on this forum who have. Anyhow after him (Dave) having a plug and play it turned out I already had some softwear in the car, standard boost is 0.8 I was told and mine was running 1.1. So my question is what softwear could this be and more so can it be tuned to give more boost. I'm currently on the 5hour trial with revo and i'm impressed,:eyebrows: but my point is if I can tune my current softwear instead of paying the 500+ VAT, it would make more sense.

Also RS4 bucket seats are amazing but an absolute bitch to get in and out of. The leather seems so fine it lacks quality, is there anyway to protect them some sort of discreet cover for the side supports and leg supports? Or is it a lump it case.:sob:

cheapskate....oh and Welcome

Congrats and welcome mate. What colour S3 have you got? With regard to the buckets its a matter of lump it. I have had my fair share of complaints about them, basically echoing yours. You can reduce the amount of wear on them by using some obscure methods of entry, but the looks people give and their shock when you don't display a disabled badge aren't worth it LOL

welcome matee sounds like a nice car. get some pics up!!!

Hi Ron :sign_welcome:to the forum.
Sounds like you got yourself a very nice car! Need to get some photos up mate:sign_pics: There a thread in FAQ regarding Bucket Seats 'mac1403' started it, may be some use to you. You can tune your car more do you know who remap it? Revo is a company thats highly thought of on this site! And worth every bit of money. What sort of gains are you looking for?